Recent content by canadianlps

  1. canadianlps

    Hip Infection Spacer information needed please

    Hello ladies...I've just read all your posts as I will be going in for the spacer surgery in a couple of weeks. It sounded pretty scary about the pain and limitations. But I'm glad that I was able to read your thread because you just don't get the full story from the doctors. I went and talked...
  2. canadianlps

    Hip Infection Going on to surgery # 8 & 9 for same hip

    Thank you Josephine! I would really like to know more about the Dr in Texas and his interests! I am very scared about having to not only have these surgery fixes, but future orthopaedic surgeries on my other hip, knee and foot. If my surgical rate continues as it has, I guess I should expect...
  3. canadianlps

    Hip Infection Going on to surgery # 8 & 9 for same hip

    Thank you everyone for kind thoughts and advice. Debbie, keepmovin, the infection issue is the killer. Yes, you have infection, no, yes, no, yes, no........ The only way anyone will fix the actual hip is to go the antibiotic spacer route. Last aspiration one month ago, negative, but this has...
  4. canadianlps

    Hip Infection Going on to surgery # 8 & 9 for same hip

    Hello everyone...I have not posted for a year or more but have suffered terribly on a failed THR from back in 2012 Briefly a bad surgeon did a bad job. The following year I traveled to Toronto and had a successful revision for all of 3 days. Until I left the hospital without medical support to...
  5. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is doing ok? I've been home now for nearly a month and the hip is finally feeling better. Since my last revision surgery, I had two more washouts because of leaking fluid from the incision. Just started physio. I'm still on one crutch because the left hip is still...
  6. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    I'm back! and yes, with many more problems. Am I cursed??? Just spent 22 plus hours in emerg and will be undergoing my 5 surgery on this lef hip next week. I am hoping someone with medical experience will direct me to the correct surgery that the surgeon will be doing next week. I was just...
  7. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    Sounds like many long years of many long trials and tribulations...I think that is where I am headed but I hope not. I wish you the improved health Kristin and anyone else who is suffering so badly like this. Not easy! Linda
  8. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    ------Two different doctors here..one was the surgeon who did revision, post surgery, the liner slipped ------Second surgery was the 'clean out' that left a hematoma ------Forgot to mention in first post, the last surgery that involved the plating, dr mentioned my muscles were torn. Not...
  9. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    Marg34...I actually like the surgeon at TW. Something went wrong and I will find out! But the dr from toronto actually tracked me down to weeks later on my cell # which he got from my daughter and called me personally while I was in hospital in Ottawa before the last surgery! I would go back to...
  10. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    Saga #2...just out of hospital for third time since Feb 13...when I had my revision surgery done at Toronto Western...things went downhill fast...still don't remember everything as it has been two months of pure agony. I do not want to frighten off new people going in for THR surgery as I know...
  11. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    Update on my nearly 2 year post op THR...surgery for revision now booked for Jan 2014 Been doing a little reading, revisions are more complicated? No infection so will it really be more difficult? Now a little worried, however, the pain is back so I am looking forward to getting this done and...
  12. canadianlps

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    Thanks Everyone for the support! Now I await appointments for the tests but in the mean time, I would like to know a little more about what the new surgeon is suspecting. The is no bone growth to acetabular cup, thus the screws have moved back and forth quite a bit. Dr made mention of two...
Back
Top Bottom