Recent content by Campervan

  1. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    I'm still getting hives. I'm now going down another rabbit hole, and wondering if I have a metal allergy to my new hip. But if I did, wouldn't the hip hurt, be unstable etc? The hives come up everywhere, and hardly every around the hip area.
  2. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    My right hip is now 8 months old and doing well. However, my left hip isn't. The young physio at beginning of August thought it was all muscular but it isnt. I saw my surgeon late November and I need left hip replacement and planning it for June this year. Not related to my hips or knees...
  3. Campervan

    Mattress / Mattress topper / Smell

    I'm not sure it it'll help but I'll relay an experience we had. We moved into a furnished rental house while waiting to buy one. The first night we realised that the mattress stunk of cigarette smoke. We bought a waterproof mattress protector and put it directly over the mattress and then put...
  4. Campervan

    Clicking knee

    Hi all, this post is for my hubbie. He had an ACL reconstruction 20 years ago. Also meniscus removal, or partial removal we can't remember which. Just this past few days his knee clicks when he walks. It isn't painful, just noisy. Anybody any info?
  5. Campervan

    THR R anterior hip 8/7/24

    I'm not sure if what I'm about to write will be connected to your situation or not. In 2011 I had a right knee replacement and had a femoral nerve block into my hip to numb my entire leg for pain relief. The block damaged my femoral nerve and it took over 3 years to recover but never fully...
  6. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    The surgeon told me I could go out on the water on our big jetski after at least 3 months. Last Wednesday was 3 months and 1 day and the weather and sea coditions were amazing. So we went out. My new hip performed brilliantly. The on Friday we walked 5kms - 2.5 kms into town, had lunch and...
  7. Campervan

    THR Leg length discrepency

    Hi, I've felt like I have leg length discrepancy with my THR leg feeling longer. The feeling has lessened over the 3 months since my surgery. This past Monday my physio suggested heel lifts in my shoes but I seemed to recall my surgeon had told at 2 weeks post op to wait up to 6 months. So I...
  8. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    Today I had to sit for a couple of hours sitting a my desk doing volunteer work. When I stood up it was painful all down the outside of my THR leg. Once I had walked around for a couple of minutes it eased off. I took paracetemol. Note to self - take breaks if need to work at desk for...
  9. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    I saw my physio yesterday and she is almost certain the left hip is tense muscles. She did a deep massage and dry needling and today it does feel about 50% better. Praying she's right. As regards the RTHR, that's doing really well. It'll be three months on 13 August. I have good range of...
  10. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    My RTHR is doing well but my left hip is now painful in the groin. I did get the surgeon to check it when I saw him 3 weeks ago but the pain has come since then. I'm hoping I've only strained/pulled something. If I bend over I get a sharp pain in the groin. It started about a week ago. Its...
  11. Campervan

    Both shoulders hurt

    Ultrasound report was Right - confirmed radiographers verbal report that small tear in supraspinatus and calcification close to the tear. My physio says the tear is small enough for it to repair without surgery. Left - showed nothing at all and radiologist said likely adhesive capsulitis...
  12. Campervan

    THR Campervan's recovery

    I saw surgeon for review yesterday. I'll be 8 weeks post op next Monday. He's pleased with how I'm doing. He twisted my hip in all directions and I didn't flinch at all. I'm discharged unless I feel I need to see him. He'll be sending me recovery questionnaires periodically and if he sees...
  13. Campervan

    THR Petrified

    I don't know if this'll help you - I take Voltaren (diclofenac) NSAID for pain and I take the proton pump inhibiter Omeprazole along with it to stop any impact on my stomach.
  14. Campervan

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Three days post op and 6 weeks post op. Anterior approach. Measures 8cm.
  15. Campervan

    TKR Leg Extension Concerns After 2 Months

    Well, I'm glad my first TKR recovery progress is still helping others. I'm now a hippie as of 6 weeks ago and recovering really well so I thought I'd pop over to knee recovery and see whats happening here. RTKR is now 12 years old and LTKR 9. I can attest that no two recoveries are alike - my...
Back
Top Bottom