Recent content by campcol1

  1. C

    TKR Spacer

    Dr. Della Valle-hss. He is a great doc. Robotic assisted. He did both my knees and hips. Goo d luck!
  2. C

    TKR LTKR 4/29, sooo much swelling

    To add to the discussion, I had rtkr 5/11/22. My recovery has been very good with full extension and flexion very early. I was walking 2 miles and even started swimming. However up until 2 weeks ago still had daily swelling and discomfort which increased following my exercises. Then, I go and...
  3. C

    TKR Back Again Right Knee

    Thank you for all the kind words. Broken foot and ankle, yuk. You give me inspiration. You are right, poor knee is now carrying a boot. Thank God I have all these ice pacs. I am upset but I realize some things are out of our control so best just to deal with it. Again, only time will tell.
  4. C

    TKR Back Again Right Knee

    You never know! Just returned from ortho with a broken right foot. I am 8 1/2 weeks from my rtkr. Thankfully all joint replacements seem OK. Back on crutches for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. Complete non weight bearing. If bone doesnt heal, more surgery. Location of break is very...
  5. C

    TKR Back Again Right Knee

    Definitely, tks.
  6. C

    TKR Back Again Right Knee

    What a great description, plucked "like a guitar string". Yes, it tends to occur from a resting state, usually laying on the couch and quickly getting up. Hope it goes away. Thank you!
  7. C

    TKR Back Again Right Knee

    Question? I am approximately 8 weeks following rtkr. Doctor cleared me as exrays are good, full flexion and extension. Pt is finished. Swelling is down considerably except when I overuse it ( which I have to talk myself outof). I have sharp pain in the middle of kneecap when I go down...
  8. C

    Knee Infection* Revision

    Thank you!
  9. C

    PKR PKR on May 19 22

    So sorry about your skin. My rtkr was 5/19. My inner knee was so sensitive to touch. It felt like pins and needles, burning pain and excruciating sensitivity to anything that touched it. I rubbed the knee daily and exposed it to touch. I think it is nerves healing. Mine is finally going away.
  10. C

    Knee Infection* Revision

    I am so sorry you are going through this. If it is ok, could you share the new doctor's name. I live in Orange county and would like for 2nd opinion.
  11. C

    TKR Problems Post TKR Recovery

    Same thing here, Ltkr - May 11. 7 weeks and my recovery is going great. However, when relearning to walk, I have gone through pain in my right hip ( bilateral thr 10/20) and lower back (laminectemy 10/15). At times it lasts a few days then passes. It was much more frequent when I started...
  12. C

    PKR Left knee patellofemoral arthroplasty

    Congrats on your knee
  13. C

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    Great thoughts. Good luck!
  14. C

    TKR Back Again Right Knee

    6 week update on RTKR. I saw my surgeon Friday at 5.5 weeks. He did both my hips and left knee. This journey started October 2020. As stated left knee was a nightmare. Arthroscopic surgery 2 mths layer to remove scar tissue. Eventually around a year, it finally worked like normal. Just...
Back
Top Bottom