Recent content by cami515

  1. cami515

    TKR Cami515 - recovery journal

    Today is Day 12 postoperative! I had my first real shower yesterday and that was SO wonderful! I am getting around the house all by myself without a walker or a cane, too! So excited about that! I did use a cane when I saw my OS on Friday to have the staples removed. He was very impressed with...
  2. cami515

    TKR Cami515 - recovery journal

    Hi all! A week ago was my RTKR and I came home from the hospital Friday afternoon. Today is Day 7 post-op. I haven’t checked in sooner because my energy level gets zapped pretty quickly. I try to get up every few hours and walk to the kitchen or bathroom. Otherwise, I’m elevating my knee and...
  3. cami515

    TKR Cami515 - recovery journal

    Ooops! Sent too soon! I appreciate all of your support! I know the challenging part is coming.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. cami515

    TKR Cami515 - recovery journal

    Hi, everybody! Surgery went well. I had a spinal (but was also out) with a nerve block so, at the moment, I’m not feeling any pain. I know this will wear off so trying to enjoy this part of it while I can! Respiratory and Physical Therapy showed up already. I had a chance to walk down the...
  5. cami515

    TKR Cami515 - recovery journal

    Today is surgery day! I thought I’d start my recovery thread while waiting for the nurse. It’s 6 am and surgery is in about an hour and a half. I am excited to finally start the recovery process! New knee awaits! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. cami515

    Cami515 RTKR - the journey begins

    @Jaycey I have several grabbers left from my THR! I think I need to get at least a new plastic bowl since the ones I have now are porcelain and too heavy to pick up! I’ve not seen a plastic bowl with a cutout - but I haven’t looked for them. I have 4 days until surgery to find one. Thanks...
  7. cami515

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    Glad to see you’re making progress even though it may seem like a little every day! This time next week is when I leave the hospital (after 2 days only!) so I’m following your progress. I know everyone is different but it gives me an idea. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
  8. cami515

    Cami515 RTKR - the journey begins

    @Celle - thanks! I need to remind myself of that!
  9. cami515

    Cami515 RTKR - the journey begins

    Thank you both for responding! I think I'm basing my experience when I had my hip replacement surgery and couldn't bend at the waist. I have a couple of neighbors that might pop by after work or something - the hardest part is (for me) is asking!! Surgery - next Tuesday! I'm super anxious so I...
  10. cami515

    Cami515 RTKR - the journey begins

    Stocking up on litter and cat food! I just can't figure out how to change the cat water bowl! Were you able to bend to pick that up? I can't place the water bowl on the counter because one of my cats is elderly and won't jump on the counter. The other cat will just push it to the floor! I...
  11. cami515

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    @SpaceGirl - glad to hear that you are getting around somewhat and that your pain level appears to be under control! I know I worry about that! Did you try maybe a few pillows for elevation? I almost got the lounge dr. but I can't really afford it. Maybe pillows would be less pain?
  12. cami515

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    Thinking of you and hoping you have a smooth recovery!!
  13. cami515

    Cami515 RTKR - the journey begins

    @SpaceGirl - I hope all went ok!! It seems like all I hear about is the PAIN after surgery! Is it really that bad? I have my pain meds all set and ready to go! 12 days! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. cami515

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    @SpaceGirl - wishing you the best! Will be looking forward to your posts!
  15. cami515

    Cami515 RTKR - the journey begins

    Went to the mandatory joint class - I was the only one there! So, got to ask questions that were particular to the hospital. I think I’m less anxious...maybe? 14 days.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom