Recent content by CamGram

  1. C

    TKR LTKR leg muscle pain

    @Boney, be sure to take magnesium glycinate (it’s a bit harder to find but Amazon does carry it). You’ll avoid the GI problems that magnesium often creates.
  2. C

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    @hawk2go your conversation with your doctor reminded me of one I had with my OS right before he gave me my first cortisone injection: me: Will this hurt? OS: No, it won’t hurt me at all. Doctor humor; you gotta love it!
  3. C

    TKR Second (and hopefully last) TKR Recovery Underway

    Thanks @Jamie. I’m not really worrying; it’s more that I’m curious. As a matter of fact, the line I photographed a few hours ago has almost totally disappeared - interesting, right? My recovery is going well. My 10-month old knee feels really good (despite the puzzling ”lines”). My 5-month old...
  4. C

    TKR Second (and hopefully last) TKR Recovery Underway

    I am hoping someone here can tell me what this is … My right TKR is ten months old and doing well. However, during the past few days, I have noticed a strange, raised line appearing in different locations near that knee. Sometimes it seems to emanate from my scar, other times it is simply near...
  5. C

    TKR I just want to ride my bike. :(

    Hang in there @Mustang Shazzy, it will get better! I agree with Jockette and sistersinhim that you’re overdoing it and that your knee is telling you to slow down. Like you, I had bone-on-bone pain in both knees and really struggled with pain after my first TKR. My “new” knee was stiff and tight...
  6. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    @ChrisF, like many above, I highly recommend Magnesium at night to help you sleep. (Be sure to get Magnesium Glycinate so you avoid the gastric issues caused by other types of Magnesium. I learned this the hard way!) It will take a while to begin working so don’t give up if it doesn’t make an...
  7. C

    TKR Top of foot pain

    @Nena, it was the same for me and I normally run warmer than most (my hubs calls me his hot woman). I think the constant icing contributed to this but I also think that the intense healing going on in and around my knee (put your hand on it and you will feel how much warmer it is) sent the...
  8. C

    TKR #2 done

    @Claire56, that’s great! My TKRs were done about the same time as yours and I, too, feel that my extension is not yet as good as I’d like. But we’ll get there eventually and, in the meantime, it’s sure nice to be able to do so much more without the old bone-on-bone pain!
  9. C

    TKR Second (and hopefully last) TKR Recovery Underway

    I understand your careful stair descent, @Catalien45. Like you, I had a couple falls prior to my TKRs (don’t know whether to blame my bad knees or just my general lack of coordination). I was so grateful not to have broken any bones, especially since I have had osteopenia for several years. Now...
  10. C

    TKR Wish i wouldnt have had it done

    @Foreverlove, please don’t give up! I too took a huge step backwards after an overly aggressive PT session triggered excruciating muscle spasms. I got a prescription for a muscle relaxer, cancelled my next PT session and had a serious conversation with my physical therapist. She was extremely...
  11. C

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    @benne68, you’re doing great. Our right knees are almost the same age and, like you, I am so happy to have had this surgery. I hope you have a wonderful vacation with lots of pain-free hikes!
  12. C

    TKR Second (and hopefully last) TKR Recovery Underway

    Yes @benne68, my second knee will be four months old tomorrow (join me for cake?). Things are going well - I’m finally back at the gym and so grateful to be able to work out again. My scars look great and the only things that are still challenging are going down stairs and getting up gracefully...
  13. C

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    @lovetocookandsew so sorry about your mishap but overall you are doing so well! Given everything you’ve been through, you deserve all of your success and more. I hope you continue to improve and that you find yourself doing more with less pain every day.
  14. C

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    @glidefloss glad to see that your recovering well. It can be tough managing pain once you start sleeping better. For me, though, missing a little sleep to wake up and take my meds was always better than getting behind in pain management! If you are interested in trying the Lounge Doctor, you...
  15. C

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    Great report @glidefloss! Glad your pain has decreased and that you are home and resting. Isn’t it great to have not one but two new knees? Welcome to the other side!
Back
Top Bottom