Recent content by cameramom

  1. C

    THR X-ray - leg length difference post op 10 weeks<

    Attached is my latest pelvic X-ray , taken at 10 weeks post op after left THR. My surgeon told me he's not sure why the leg length discrepancy has actually doubled from the previous pelvic X-ray 1 month prior. He had no answers , just told me to buy new heel inserts ½ inch now ( previous...
  2. C

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    @Jaycey, I have asked my PT about this exact concern you mention above. My exercises are very specific to the THR only. I have all the exact same ones that are on the article that was provided to me earlier when I joined this forum. In addition though as I progressed to weight bearing, she's...
  3. C

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    15 days post-op Posterior 15 inch incision - much larger than I expected.
  4. C

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Dear Luvinlex, First thank you for posting about your feelings because when I read your post just now I too realized I am not losing my mind and I am not alone or abnormal. I too have a history with depression, and esp. this time every year. I am 1 month post-op today from having my left hip...
  5. C

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    Dear Jaycey I appreciate your response to my concerns above, but I am confused by what you said. I have read all the articles you have provided me, as well as heard all the information my surgeons office and nurse gave me. The PT I am doing is because I have a PT coming to my house 2-3 days...
  6. C

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    update one month post op THR - Had my left hip replaced, the posterior method one month ago, and I am still waddling considerably, and although the length difference does seem a little better with less swelling now, it is still there and prevelant. I have a lot of stiffness and some pain...
  7. C

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    Josephine thank you so much for your help, I have answered all your questions below. 1. can you please tell me the site of your pain using this chart? the pain is in the front area near the hip bone itself, the rest is tightness and pain around the entire outside of the hip and outside area of...
  8. C

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    Still quite swollen 19 days post op. I have a large hematoma which is bigger than my entire hand, just under my incision at one end on the back of my thigh. It is warm to touch, and very painful. I have been on antibiotics for 10 days. My staples, I have 47 staples and my incision is 15...
  9. C

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    I had a left THR, I am 47 years old, 19 days post-op. Feeling very frustrated because my left leg, the new hip, is considerably longer and I can only walk with a considerable limp an waddle. My doctor refuses to acknowledge it yet and says to let the swelling settle down but when I stand...
Back
Top Bottom