THR X-ray - leg length difference post op 10 weeks<

cameramom

Country
United States United States
Attached is my latest pelvic X-ray , taken at 10 weeks post op after left THR. My surgeon told me he's not sure why the leg length discrepancy has actually doubled from the previous pelvic X-ray 1 month prior. He had no answers , just told me to buy new heel inserts ½ inch now ( previous measurement he gave me was ¼).

I also have pain in the hip, especially every time I go from a sitting to standing position, also when I get out of my SUV and stand up. I did not have this hip pain at all after my surgery. It started about a month or so ago. I'm concerned something isn't right.

Can anyone see anyone from my X-ray ? It's clear my hips are not even at all and I believe this is doctors error. Any advise please!!! I'm still having pain when I walk , even with the ½ inch heel insert and I would think at almost 11 weeks simply light walking shouldn't be this painful and difficult. Thank you

camera b.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

@cameramom Did you have this pain before you started to use an insert? When did you start wearing the smaller insert. I was advised to wait 4 months before even attempting to use an insert. You may have started too early and aggravated the LLD. If you take the insert out does this calm down?

It's clear my hips are not even at all and I believe this is doctors error.
I think this is just your anatomy. You can see here I have put in lines to show the differential is due an apparent differential caused by a pelvic tilt. This is very common in hip patients because they compensate for the pain by tilting their pelvis to take the weight off the affected hip.

You can see this quite clearly in the lines I have drawn on your xray.

camera b.JPG

The good news is that the pelvic tilt will adjust back to the norm in time but you have had this bad hip a long time so don't expect it to correct itself in a matter of days!

Id like to give you some other advice but in order to do that, I need you to answer some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks