Recent content by Camano76

  1. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    I have heard massage is helpful to muscle recovery and that stiffness feeling. Any thoughts or experiences?
  2. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Coming up on 6 month anniversary from surgery date. It's been going fairly well. Minimal swelling if any visible. Knee is still stiff after sitting for any length. Seems leg muscles are still tight. Any recommendations to aid the healing process?
  3. C

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    Sounds like you are on the right road. Wish I had found this forum sooner. At 14 weeks post op seeing slow but steady progress, listening to how my knee reacts to my activities and adjusting appropriately. Best of luck. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  4. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Wow 25 kids. Good luck with that. Funny comment about the kitchen ice Machine. Thanks for the encouragement. Lee Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  5. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Thanks Roger. Sorry about that commute. Hope that doesn't happen too often. Lee Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  6. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    The driving is still tough, especially the commute to work. Pretty stiff when I arrive, and by the end of the day. Ice as soon as I get home helps, but it is SLOWLY improving. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  7. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Just passed the 13 week mark. Have been following the stretching only mode with some stationary bike riding. I had been doing one stair exercise where I put my foot on one step and lean forward bending my knee attempting to touch the next step up with my knee. It took me several tries to reach...
  8. C

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    Range of motion will come as your knee is ready for it. The key is to listen to what your knee is telling you. I too have taken the knee-caution approach. I had been doing this one stretch exercise where I put my foot on one step and lean fwd bending my knee and trying to touch the next step up...
  9. C

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    I just passed my 12th post-op week and had a check back with my OS. All the advise you have received in this forum is spot on! I too was worried about ROM until I found "Bonesmarties". I stopped my torture PT at 8 weeks (when I found this forum) and have reverted to the prior described...
  10. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Hi Roger - regarding the work STD being denied. Originally approved for 6 weeks, then extended to 7 weeks, then they denied my 8th week off stating no medical reason to not go back to work. Having a feeling the medical records didn't indicate my OS wanted me to take the 8th week off. Meeting...
  11. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Just passed the 11th week post op. Work has been challenging even at a desk job. I am pretty sore by the end of the day even though I elevate as much as I can and ice during lunch break. I have about a 45 minute drive to and from work, fairly stiff when I arrive. I immediately ice when I get...
  12. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Jamie/Josephine/ and All - thanks. I guess I just needed to hear it a few times. I have read, re-read all the articles and they make sense to me. My main concern was the scar tissue and comments about MUA if the scar tissue gets too bad.. I hear what you are saying and will take it to heart...
  13. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    I do computer work so I am seated most of the time. I do take medication, 2 Alleve in the morning, 2 extra strength Tylenol at night, and 2 oxycodone only prior to therapy sessions. I will work on the icing during the workday as I know this is important. As far as stopping therapy, I have...
  14. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    Thanks for all the information. Not easy to ice during work lunch break, but I do when I get home except two days a week when I have PT after work. These sessions are a bit difficult as my knee is swollen when I get to therapy, but only have 2 more sessions scheduled. I am pleased with my 110...
  15. C

    TKR Almost 10 weeks out and hanging in there

    I just joined this forum at almost 10 weeks post op from my right TKR. I started googling TKR physical therapy issues a couple weeks ago after a very aggressive session with my Therapist (to the point of screaming into a pillow). Grateful to find Bonesmart.org and the wealth of information. I...
Back
Top Bottom