Recent content by Caison113

  1. C

    Time for 2nd THR?

    Other than age, I was similar to you. First one had to be done as I was limping around and had such little range of motion it was crazy. Thought my “good” hip would carry me for a while even though it wasn’t great. Well, within six months of having my left one done, my right one starting acting...
  2. C

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Yeah that xray looks all too familiar. So happy for you that you will soon be back in the saddle pain-free! My life is immeasurably better since my hips were fixed. Back to kickboxing, bjj, and other sports with no issues. Enjoy the new lease on life!
  3. C

    THR Surgery scheduled for next week, have never had surgery before

    Hi @JoeyRamone and welcome to the club no one wants to be a member of! I had my first hip done at 50 and my second at 51 (almost 1.5 calendar years apart). The procedure you have explained sounds very normal, including the anesthesia process. The first two weeks post-surgery are not fun, I won't...
  4. C

    THR Quad pain

    I had pretty significant quad pain for about 10 days (slowly decreased during that time) — really hurt to put weight on it for a while. It should go away without issue.
  5. C

    THR Hip Number 2

    Well, I just recently passed my one-year anniversary of hip #2 and checking in to give a brief update for those who might be interested. To recap: I got my first hip done in late 2021 (having just turned 50) due to persistent and worsening osteoarthritis, with the understanding that my second...
  6. C

    THR Unsure how to proceed

    Hi there @ILoveTennis and welcome to the club no one wants to be a member of. I'm your age and had similar concerns. Two hips later (spread over 1.5 years), I'm better than ever and enjoying my activities (like muay thai/kickboxing, bjj, biking and .... tennis!) much more than the prior few...
  7. C

    2 Out Of 3 Surgeons recommend...

    Welcome @Artvandelay (great name by the way!) to the club no one wants to be a part of. I'm your age and had both hips done over the past two+ years. I could get around "okay" and even do some activities people were surprised about. That said, I was limited and it was getting to the point where...
  8. C

    THR Revision plus THR?

    So sorry to hear your story @liquidglano (Mike), but as your wife and others have mentioned, you will get through this. You are still young and fit which will greatly aid you in any recovery you may have. I'm very similar to you in terms of constant, hyper-analysis of these issues -- trying to...
  9. C

    THR Preop anxiety

    @Billray - it's totally normal, after all they are taking out some of your original hardware that you've had your whole life! But also, that hardware has failed you and now through the wonders of science, they have better parts that will last you the rest of your life and you won't have any...
  10. C

    THR Next Hip Replacement scheduled

    Second-guessing is so common. I was second-guessing my second hip the night before my surgery only to wake up in the middle of the night in pain because I moved wrong. Your body knows when it's time! Good luck.
  11. C

    THR My Story (long)

    Interesting conversation you had @dw152 - seems that each surgeon is truly unique in how they view THR and what they will say about future activities. I ran for a while in my late 30s/early 40s as I was training for obstacle races, but I was usually just doing 4-7 miles at a time; not a marathon...
  12. C

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Wow, what a journey you have been on in just a week! Your comprehension of what is happening is admirable as is your attitude (we are all entitled to some self-pity!). Lucky you seem to have an action-oriented doctor (as opposed to some who like to say "the x-ray looks fine") and a very...
  13. C

    THR Please tell me this gets better

    Agree with @Layla - I'd aim for a month. Could be sooner, could be later, but that seems about right for me.
  14. C

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    Hi @SweetV - you and I are alike in many ways, from age, to need to have both hips done, to stubbornness around the need to have both hips done, haha. I got my first one done and then did everything I could to convince myself that I could wait out the right one for years. Well, that lasted about...
  15. C

    THR First-timer

    Hi @newlybionic — I’ve had two mini-posterior hips and the 90 degree thing is when weight-bearing. It’s not like you can’t be laying down and raise your knees or something. They just don’t want you sitting on a curb or a deep seat which would put a strain on the soft tissues surrounding the...
Back
Top Bottom