Recent content by cairistiona60

  1. cairistiona60

    THR Ouch!

    I’m going to physio but being careful with exercising. I need to strengthen my leg. I’m almost 8 weeks since surgery and not really able to walk without a cane yet. I can take a few steps but my muscles are really weak.
  2. cairistiona60

    THR Ouch!

    One crutch still. I tried a cane but I was a bit unsteady. I stopped icing but I think I’ll start again. I do some gentle stretches.
  3. cairistiona60

    THR Ouch!

    My thigh muscles are still tight and I’m not able to fully weight bear on my bad leg. I’m almost 5 weeks since surgery and thought I’d be doing better.
  4. cairistiona60

    THR Ouch!

    I was doing sit to stand exercises when I felt a popping/pulling sensation at the front of my right thigh. It hurt immediately but settled down after a few minutes. Could this just be scar tissue from my hip replacement? It sure did give me a fright.
  5. cairistiona60

    THR Ouch!

    The poop fairy came! What a relief!
  6. cairistiona60

    THR Ouch!

    Well this hurts more than I thought it would. They had to keep me in hospital for another night because my pain was not controlled. The nurses did not seem to want to follow the doctor’s instructions and kept messing up my pain med schedule. I’m home now and can set it myself to keep ahead of...
  7. cairistiona60

    THR Short notice

    I’m joining the January Jackpots and I thought I was getting my hip done in February. January 16, 8 and a half years after getting my left knee done. I hear hips are easier than knees. I hope so because knee replacement has not been all that great.
  8. cairistiona60

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    Hi Jackie, I still have pain but I'm told that everything is ok. I'm wondering if I didn't do enough strengthening in the first year. Sorry to hear you are still having issues. It sucks. I still use a cane and take pain killers. My back is very bad as well and sometimes I'm not sure if it's the...
  9. cairistiona60

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    Question: my ear piercings have closed over and I want to get them repierced. Is there any reason I should not do this 1.6 years post knee replacement.
  10. cairistiona60

    THR Not so tragically hip

    One week down and the patient is doing very well. It's interesting to compare the first week of hip recovery with the first week of knee recovery. He is able to get around much more than I did and his range of motion does not appear to be as big an issue as it was with me. I remember spending...
  11. cairistiona60

    THR Not so tragically hip

    I'm so glad the surgery is over and the pain should be gone. The bone spurs aren't there anymore. @wollypog is a patient patient.
  12. cairistiona60

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    Happy Thanksgiving to all the US Bonesmarties! May your hips and knees allow you to enjoy the day!
  13. cairistiona60

    I'm new here

    Thanks everyone. We are now in the final week before surgery. @wollypog is in a lot of pain and November 30 can't get here quickly enough.
  14. cairistiona60

    I'm new here

    I had my knee replaced in July 2015 and my hubbie was a huge support. Now I get to return the favour!
  15. cairistiona60

    I'm new here

    Welcome my dear husband, now we will both be bionic buddies! Told you would find support here. My knee July Sparklers were awesome!
Back
Top Bottom