Recent content by CAdesgirl

  1. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    So the OS finally agreed that I need to have a revision done after the fluid showed no sign of infection. He gave me paperwork for my PCP to fill out. I had an appointment last Thursday afternoon for that appt (after getting blood work and a chest xray done). Imagine my surprise when I got a...
  2. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    The CT scan came back showing the overhang. He also ordered a 3 phase scan which didn't show any signs of infection. He drew some fluid to send out for a 14 day culture. I go back on 8/19. Hopefully, I get some answers as to whether he's going to do the revision surgery. I really think...
  3. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    Another update, Dr. Sinha is retiring/retired. When I went to see him in April he said I would need a revision for at least the bottom portion and possibly the top (because it's an Exactech implant) I was referred to yet another surgeon. Unfortunately, I got sent to a surgeon that is taking...
  4. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    I was in denial that the implant could be the issue. I really had myself convinced that it was a problem due to the other surgeries that I've had. I recognized his name from one of the online conferences that I attended. At this point, I'm just hoping that there's some relief in the future...
  5. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    I was referred to a recommended surgeon from this group (Dr. Sinha).
  6. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    Well, I'm back again. I started having problems again after my last post which left me quite discouraged. We've been trying everything from more PT to Pain Management. My OS referred me to another OS who is going to do blood tests to rule out infection first. He thinks it might be that the...
  7. CAdesgirl

    TKR Cortisone/Medrol dose pack 5 day

    In my opinion, you should stop PT for a week and do nothing but what you must do. Spend as much time as possible icing and elevating. I bet your ROM improves. Your body needs time to heal, it doesn't need to be tormented. It's angry and will stay angry as long as you keep working it so hard.
  8. CAdesgirl

    TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

    In a few months, you'll be glad you had it done! I'm just over 9 months out and I'm so glad to be on the other side. I'm just sorry I waited so long. I could have saved myself years of pain and 20 lbs of weight that I gained while not able to be physically active.
  9. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    @sistersinhim I'm glad that I had a doctor that set reasonable expectations based on my prior surgeries. I forgot to mention that we traveled to Denver 2 weeks ago for 4 days. The knee didn't love the uneven sidewalks but I was able to do everything I wanted to do including walk around Idaho...
  10. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    Hi, all! Sorry for the silent treatment. Life has been busy. I'm almost to 8 months post-op which is hard to believe but it's true. The knee is doing well. I still don't have great extension +8 or so and my flexion is still about 108. I'm happy with what I do have because the only pain I...
  11. CAdesgirl

    TKR Grace's (CAdesgirl) recovery

    Another month has gone by... Boy, that was quick. No change in my ROM which is frustrating. Last week it was measured at 102 and +8 (which is worse than the month before on the extension). I don't care as much about the flexion but I'd like to be able to straighten my leg. I go back to the...
  12. CAdesgirl

    Feeling out of options :(

    I had an osteotomy in 2013 (with ACI) and had my knee done in January. The knee replacement is easier, in my opinion, than the osteotomy was. Like you, I was young when I had a major injury (27) and they didn't want to do a knee replacement. I struggled for 20 years before I had the...
  13. CAdesgirl

    Revision TKR The second time is the charm

    OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling so much. I am at 13 weeks and, while my ROM isn't where I'd like it to be, I would never go to PT even 3x a week. I go 1-2x a week because I swell up from doing the exercises and I've learned that isn't helpful. When I went to my OS last week...
  14. CAdesgirl

    TKR ITB Snaps2's recovery thread

    I just want to chime in to say that I've also been having issues with my IT band (and possibly my LCL). I had a follow up visit with my OS on Friday and got the cortisone shot he recommended. I spent all weekend cursing him because, while it felt better on Friday, it hurt like heck all...
  15. CAdesgirl

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    I also had ACI and TTO. As you can see from my signature, I got MRSA in one of the screw holes for the TTO. As far as I'm concerned, that surgery was the worst thing I've ever done. The pain relief from the arthritis was better for a couple of years but it was replaced by pain from the...
Back
Top Bottom