Recent content by busymum

  1. B

    Total hip replacement aged 33

    Hiya @Ewok2000uk hope your ok? I had a total hip replacement last year age 30 - my biggest concern was how I was going to manage with my children - got 4 age 9, 8, 7 and 6 - so was obviously desperate for my recovery too go smoothly. And luckily for me it did - a few hiccups along the way but...
  2. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Hi everyone - seems a long time since been on here - hope everyone doing well. I had a total right hip replacement in May, made a seemingly perfect recovery in super quick time but after the 6 week mark started with a new pain. This has got worse - and cannot lift my right leg now more than...
  3. B

    Question for the females

    Hi @muckingabout - I think that was the most embarrassing thing ever. They have obviously seen it all before but a complete nightmare when u can't get out of bed by yourself or even pull your pants down by yourself - I was mortified but always been a very private person - you would of thought...
  4. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Hi @RestAssured I've felt rundown with a sore throat and feeling flu like for about 4 days this week but that seems to have cleared up now, am always tired running round after 4 children haha. My scar is all healed (looked like just a red pen line) but is looking slightly more stretched due to...
  5. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Help!! Need some advice desperately! Had my hip replaced just over 6 weeks ago - stopped all pain relief after 1 week, no crutches by 3 weeks (and lost the limp) and discharged completely by consultant at 4 weeks - basically told he'll see me a year. Recovery been a dream BUT suddenly there is...
  6. B

    THR Newbie, six weeks post-op

    Hey @WalkingWalking - my operation was on May 15th - can roll into side but couldn't sleep there all night. Can only sleep with pillow between my legs on unoperated side - got into the habit now haha. In terms of getting out of bath, I just pushed myself up with arms - we've got corner bath...
  7. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Update week 6: I got signed off at 4 weeks post operation - said no need for crutches or canes anymore,can drive and am no happily and comfortably able to take my dogs a walk with an long even stride and no limp!! Was so pleased whe they turned round and said "see you in a year!" It's fantastic...
  8. B

    THR Newbie, six weeks post-op

    Hi @WalkingWalking - I made a much quicker than expected recovery too - I got a consultant appt at 4 weeks post operation and said I was fine to be driving, walking without crutches / cane, sleeping on whichever side I wanted to - it was a relief to be able to get back to normal. Hope u manage...
  9. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Hi @nogods thought I'd tag u in my recovery thread. It's been so much easier than I expected, not being able to drive and do school runs by myself or help in school is probably what's driving me mad the most. Feel fine In myself and just can't wait for follow up appt in 4 weeks so I can get on...
  10. B

    Teenage hip replacement

    Hi @Legs4lyf I'm a bit younger than expected for a hip replacement (30) and have found being younger a massive advantage - managed to get up and about a lot quicker than expected, probably down to energy levels and strength of rest of body. I wasn't sure if I needed the operation as my pain...
  11. B

    THR Four Weeks Since Surgery

    Hi @nogods - how's it going now? I know your operation was a couple of days after mine x
  12. B

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    Hi @Mercy1 - in regards to seeing the bone I woke up theatre to find them waving bone in front of my face - not what I first expected to see haha xx
  13. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Thanks for your reply @Josephine - I really do feel completely normal though so find it impossible to just sit. Add to that serious cleaning ocd and its near on torture. I make sure I have a bit of a sit down if I've been on my feet for quite a while but all in all I'm good on my crutches and...
  14. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Hiya - yes @FionaW it is like when u have a new baby - just getting on with it. I'm being careful regards all my restrictions but feel absolutely fine - no more tired than before, just basically me with a bit of a sore leg haha. Managed to take kids shopping by myself yesterday - taxi for the...
  15. B

    THR Advice please re: nerve damage/detached muscles

    Hi everyone - just thought I'd let you all know how I had gone on since you were very supportive beforehand. It's 2 weeks today since I had my op - had a rough couple of days as couldn't manage any morphine based pain killers so it was just ibuprofen and paracetamol post op - I would normally...
Back
Top Bottom