Recent content by BusterBeans

  1. BusterBeans

    Stemless Shoulder Replacement How to find the right surgeon

    I reported to the hospital early Tuesday for a 7:00 prep for a 9:00 surgery, then waited and waited. No one would tell me anything. Finally someone from hospital registration said my surgeon’s office hadn’t obtained authorization for the surgery from my insurance company and was trying to do so...
  2. BusterBeans

    Stemless Shoulder Replacement How to find the right surgeon

    Talk about the stars and moon suddenly aligning...my surgeon’s office, CT scan office and insurance company all called in 1 week to say go ahead. Plus we found out we would be grandparents again after a 20 year hiatus. So surgery will be in March (will learn date this Friday), grandchild will be...
  3. BusterBeans

    Stemless Shoulder Replacement How to find the right surgeon

    It will be what’s called here a stemless shoulder arthroplasty. I haven’t been back in for my second visit to ask the specific name of the manufacturer or model or a scheduled date. The surgeon’s office has twice not submitted needed technical documents for my shoulder CT scans so the scans (and...
  4. BusterBeans

    Stemless Shoulder Replacement How to find the right surgeon

    Jamie, I’m sorry but I didn’t see you response until just now. Wish I had cause I had kept looking all this time. About 3 months ago I lifted something a little too heavy and antagonized my 2 cervical discs. My family doctor sent me to a pain management center for a series of injections and...
  5. BusterBeans

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Now it’s my shoulders

    Sorry Ursula, but I can relate. I’ve had both knees and both hips replaced and now must have both shoulders replaced. I tried arthroscopic surgery on my shoulders to remove the bone spurs and arthritis, but the pain was back within a year. The new surgeon says he will do a bone-saving...
  6. BusterBeans

    Always trouble with anesthesia

    Marieltha, How lucky to have such a compassionate anesthesiologist! I had one like that for my first shoulder arthroscopy. He said I could just have propofol and a block. No midazolam required as he had had a bad experience with it himself. I wasn’t so lucky with the anesthesiologists who did...
  7. BusterBeans

    Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

    “Twin”, So happy to hear you will soon have a permanent solution to this 4-year struggle. But what a geographical as well as medical journey you’ve been on! Kudos to you for continuing to research, interview and persist to find the elusive answer that the surgeons couldn’t identify. Let us know...
  8. BusterBeans

    Stemless Shoulder Replacement How to find the right surgeon

    Had a great OS for BTKR and first THR. Thought I did due diligence in selecting new OS in new location to do my second THR but he did what I consider a terrible job despite his great resume and reviews. After shoulder injections and arthroscopic surgeries to remove bone spurs and arthritis, I’m...
  9. BusterBeans

    Always trouble with anesthesia

    Thanks Josephine. I’m going to baby my shoulders and my back to avoid any more surgeries.
  10. BusterBeans

    Always trouble with anesthesia

    After 2 days of severe muscle pain, today I’m just stiff and sore which is fine. I feel good enough now to get this Betadine off my chest and arm, plastic wrap my shoulder and get my first shower. Thank you everyone for listening to me whine about this muscle pain. I don’t mind pain from...
  11. BusterBeans

    THR Mismatched pair of hips^

    The good news is that today I’m just stiff and sore. No more pain in my muscles. Unless I sneeze. Thank you for listening to me whine. The other good news is my shoulder is doing very well. PT was surprised st my range and ability. I’m feeling so good this morning that I’m going to get that...
  12. BusterBeans

    THR Mismatched pair of hips^

    Hi Mojo and Layla! It’s been a long time! My right hip is pretty much where it should be. My husband and I are back walking and have just started dancing again. It took a long time to get here. My left hip might have been a fluke. The left one was a mini-posterior. I think it might be called a...
  13. BusterBeans

    Always trouble with anesthesia

    Thanks for looking at this Josephine. The muscle relaxer for intubation was succinylcholine which is used widely here in the US with intubation. I’m ending my second day of severe whole body pain but my pain level is only about 60% of what it was yesterday. My muscles still really hurt —...
  14. BusterBeans

    Always trouble with anesthesia

    I saw my OS after I took my first pain pill and felt great. After that wore off, later pain pills didn’t work. I see my OS again in a week or so to have the stitches out and and I want to discuss this reaction to the muscle relaxant so it can go on my chart. Research says it happens most...
  15. BusterBeans

    Always trouble with anesthesia

    Last year had arthroscopic on left shoulder with a block and Propofol. All went well despite need to remove several bone spurs and significant arthritis. Yesterday went in for right shoulder same thing with same OS but new anesthesiologist who said I had to have general. I explained that general...
Back
Top Bottom