Recent content by Buddhabear

  1. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    After all these years Posted this wrong and almost lost it. It was my most important post. Let's see if it gets to you all.
  2. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    Tomorrow I see my OS at 9 weeks post op. He had said 2-3 months for recovery and I have taken almost all that time and instead of returning to work next week I will have my OS write me permission for 2 more weeks. During the past week it has been made very clear to me that until my second hip is...
  3. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    Thanks, all. Yes, any consistent progress is exciting. I fight getting really active, even gardening, because some days I really feel I can. I am getting better at looking at the big picture, not how I feel one moment. I am hoping I can get my second hip done sooner. Maybe it will be easier to...
  4. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    Thanks, i have read them. I am at 8 weeks and doing a little more. Even the swimming is gentle, more like floating with a little stretching.
  5. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    So, i just found the best relief for I band pain - swimming the side stroke!!
  6. Buddhabear

    THR Recovery slow due to bursitis and other muscle pain

    Oh, Josephine - how you have to tell us all the same thing! But it is difficult to know when you are doing too much, I have found. But I have finally turned it around. I felt such encouraging improvement in my knees and hip after my THR at 22 days. Then the grocery store trip that was such a...
  7. Buddhabear

    THR 2nd Hip Replacement

    I so agree that my second hip is deteriorating very quickly since my first hip was done. I am scheduled to have the second done in November, and can't imagine what condition I'll be in by then.
  8. Buddhabear

    THR It's all over!!

    Wow, I was definitely not doing what you are doing at one week. And with what seems to be such little pain medication. We all heal so differently. You certainly have come to the right place for the 'what do I do now?'' questions. I am at 5 1/2 weeks and still use the cane when I go out. I needed...
  9. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    I tell, you hearing back from folks here that what my knees are going through is not abnormal makes me slow down, be patient, not stand on them too long, and keep the walikng and PT to a safe but increasing level. The right knee is improving faster, of course since the right hip was the one...
  10. Buddhabear

    New hips now new knees?

    Hi all who have had multiple replacements. At 5 weeks I too am experiencing stillness and a mechanical feeling tightness in my replaced knees following hip replacement. I like your explanation, Nightquilter, about the knee and hip being in line now and after being so out of whack. I have noticed...
  11. Buddhabear

    THR One week post THR right side

    Sounds like you are doing great but at 5 weeks I just went through a minor set back last week and posted my experience here. Josephine gave me a nudge to reread the articles and there is one on activity progression. We really should be doing less than we think. It has been a beautiful summer in...
  12. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    Thanks, Josephine, I intend to slow down again. Hard sometimes when life's demands get in the way. My 95 year old aunt lives with me and although she has made many adjustments and we both have help from friends, I am anxious to get gack to taking care of her a little better. But first things...
  13. Buddhabear

    THR THR done but still with issues

    Interesting - I do have muscle spasms at night too. I have been having them and hadn't put a name to it. Mine aren't to the point of painful but they are distracting.
  14. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    I so agree!
  15. Buddhabear

    THR Third new joint

    Lalo, thanks - so I am not alone! My PT just gave me the first stretch you mentioned and there is temporary relief, so I guess that should be encouraging. So pain in replaced knees after hip replacement is not unusual? That in itself makes me want to try to be patient. I have been tortured all...
Back
Top Bottom