Hi All,
Thought I’d check in with an update. I can’t believe I’m at just past 8 weeks. Although I’m still suffering from vertigo (four weeks now), I’m functional. I notice it the most when I’m in bed or now when I do yoga. Strange how the brain compensates. While I get dizzy, I don’t get sick...
Boy did I have a couple of bad weeks. I was a little over three weeks in and still taking the oxy. I have a history of vestibular migraine. For those who aren't familiar, it's a form of migraine that manifests as vertigo and usually without pain. I've had it since my 20's but wasn't...
Hi all,
After four weeks, I’m finding I still can’t walk for more than five to ten feet without severe nerve pain on the outside of my knee. I have a really tight hamstring ligament on the outside of the knee that is also contributing to the pain. It keeps snapping back and forth like it’s...
Hi Seeker,
I’m only a few days ahead of you and I too
Am all askew and hurting all over. I asked my PT for a recommendation for a good masseuse who understands tkr recovery. Turns out there is a guy who operates right out of the facility where I go for PT and he’s only $60 an hour. I know...
Ran across this photo while browsing knee replacement scars. I have to say I’m intrigued.
I’ve been having a really really bad week with pain and vertigo. More to come when I come out the other side,
I have to say I might have to mark this experience with something light hearted like this...
Awesome sauce @amymj ! A kindred spirit! I’ve only heard of RAGBRAI, but don’t know much about it.
Do you ride a lot? I miss my bikes so much right now. I get jealous every time my husband goes out for a mountain bike ride.
Crazy...I quit racing in 2016 and that’s when my knee really started...
Update on ROM after today’s PT sesh. I’m at 105/0
Tomorrow I’m planning to start spinning on my bike in the garage every other day. Will be starting at 5 mins and working up from there with zero resistance. The plan is to only do it if there isn’t pain.
I’ve already got my a goal aligned for...
OMG!! Me too! I feel like I have ants in my pants constantly. You’d think it would be a nice break to lie around all day and read or watch TV. I HATE it. Seriously, I am having such a tough time sitting around ALL day. Bored out of my mind. I don’t like looking at my bed and getting anxious...
Aw @amymj
I’m sorry you’re having a bad day. I haven’t been doing this too long, but I’m starting to understand how things can swing from one end of the spectrum right over to the other just in a matter of hours, let alone days.
So many things affect our well being when we’re recovering from...
Thank you all for your comments. Funny @sistersinhim I grabbed the Zofran they gave me to help with the nausea since I didn’t have any meclizine. It did help a bit. It’s been 14 hours since it started and I haven’t kicked it yet. I get it pretty bad when I transition from lying down to standing...
@sistersinhim i still haven’t quite gotten there yet. Just ADL gets me pretty painfull by the end of the day. In fact last night I took 10mg before bed and needed another 5 by 1am.
Then it hit...at 5am I was woken up by my very old friend vertigo. So bad I couldn’t move. I was diagnosed with...
Yes, after the 10 mg wears off, I get uncomfortable with shooting pains, general discomfort from staying in the same position and basic low level throbbing in the knee. I usually push myself to make it until 2am and take a 5mg which holds me until around 6am.
I am doing a decent amount of PT...
Hi @KTO
I’m in the U.S. in Connecticut. I too dislike how I feel on opioids. I couldn’t wait to start titrating down. However everyone here will tell you, if your hurting, your undermedicated. You need your sleep to recover effectively. It’s great that you’re managing with Tylenol during the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.