Recent content by Bubbles

  1. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    Thanks @Celle, it's hurting some again today after just a little activity. I rested it yesterday, icing and elevating. I called my OS's nurse this afternoon but have yet to get a return call. Sure hope this isn't something that happens regularly. I'll check out the article make sure it's okay...
  2. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    @Timetolive stamina and gait, still the issue. I'm working on both. Try to walk as much as I can tolerate each day. I've played a little golf, just a few holes, and find the swing isn't too much of a problem. It's the walking on the eneven grass, up and down hills that's difficult. How are you...
  3. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    Good to know I'm not alone. It's difficult, isn't it! I feel like a two year old sometimes. :bored:
  4. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR XKV8R's BTKR recovery thread

    I'm with ya @XKV8R, getting up after sitting for an hour is surprisingly hard. My knees get stiff quickly too. The more I move, the better I get around. My knees work great but I'm still uneasy, I'm afraid of them. I'll get over it. Glad I had it done but wish I was 100%. Sounds like you're...
  5. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    I'm with you @Dragonkeep -- new muscle memory is tough to get engrained. How much walking are you doing? I've been making it a point to walk as much as I can paying attention to walking properly. Head up, shoulders back, heel to toe, just like you say. We get a nice day here and there so I...
  6. Bubbles

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    Don't let them push you to tears!! :bolt: Your knee needs to do some healing, it's been been beat up, don't push it too hard. Read some articles here about PT early after surgery. Good luck!
  7. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    @Anchovy, We sure do have lots in common. Maybe the Attune knees are a PA thing! The only surgery I've had on my knees is BTKR, I was told at a young age to not let anyone operate. Back then they would have probably removed my knee caps. I don't think they did patella realignments, which may...
  8. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    Safety first for sure--thanks for reminding me @kneeper and @Celle. When I said I try to walk without my cane I'm still carrying it just not using it. I'm really am a chicken. But because I tire so easily and have been told to be particularly cautious because of the blood thinners I don't...
  9. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    Thanks for all the advice! Still using the cane everywhere. I force myself to carry it rather than use it in the house but it's tough. I still tire so easily because of the blood clots that I need to be careful. I get lightheaded so fast when I tire but it's improving. I just need to keep...
  10. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    Time for a check-in! The knees are doing well. Very little pain, more like discomfort from overuse and swelling. My problem is fear, I just can't get myself to let go of the cane. It was just last week that I forced myself to stop using the walker. This is at eight plus weeks! My knees are...
  11. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR XKV8R's BTKR recovery thread

    You're doing great @XKV8R! Wish I could walk around the house unassisted, I'm scared. I big chicken. Decades of dislocations causing bad pain has taught me to be overly cautious. My PT has me doing things to help but it will take time. I've been driving for weeks because I need to get out...
  12. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    I'm getting a little more energy, I think the UTI is finally gone. The antibiotics are gone so the infection better be too. At PT yesterday my ROM was 113/100! I was pleased because both knees were sore and swollen from a busy morning. I know they would have been even better. The knees seem...
  13. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR XKV8R's BTKR recovery thread

    Good to hear from you. In and out of the car is the worst early on. Sounds like your doing well being able to do all that walking with the walker at the luncheon. 100 yards is a lot. Take it easy. Your ROM sounds great! I've noticed that the first time I do a new exercise, leg lifts for...
  14. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    Wow time flies! I'm finally starting to get a little more energy, I didn't need to sit down to rest while making my morning cappuccino! I think the antibiotics are finally kicking in. I did have a cath for the first night in the hospital @KerriB. Hopefully the rest of my recovery will be...
  15. Bubbles

    Bilateral TKR XKV8R's BTKR recovery thread

    I'm so very sorry about the passing of your mother. I hope all goes well for you at the funeral. It's good to hear your recovery is going well, take it easy on those new knees. You have plenty of time for rehab. Like others have said just keep them happy for now. I had two weeks of no rehab...
Back
Top Bottom