Recent content by bs27

  1. B

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I had better results taking Mobic (generic is meloxicam) than I did with Celebrex although Celebrex is supposed to be easier on the body. I'll use Voltaren gel, too, but it only seems to improve my arthritic thumb - doesn't touch my big joints like stiff knee & arthritic elbows. I've had bad...
  2. B

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Hi Neighbor ..... we compared knees a good while back. Congratulations on your latest surgery - sounds like good progress. My swelling finally went down last fall - over a year after the TKR & and broken leg and I gained maybe 10 more degrees flexion up to 95. I'm plagued by arthrofibrosis in...
  3. B

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Sorry to be late to this conversation - haven't been here recently. So sorry to hear about your complications. My story is similar in 1 way. After my TKR (June 2020), my flexion made little progress ... had MUA and it got the flexion up to 110 with gentle PT for about an hour (!) before I...
  4. B

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Jamie @Stiff knee NC My mistake .... the person that I thought had low-dose radiation before lysis actually had the radiation after a 2nd MUA ... still needed lots of therapy and now seems to be finally making real progress. Maybe the radiation halted the return of AF - he can't be sure...
  5. B

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Just back from a pain clinic injection ... I'm getting lumbar sympathetic nerve blocks (but without steroids, unfortunately) but that's for the CRPS in my feet rather than doing anything for my knee. My initial appointments there, after the first meeting with Dr. Carnes, were a nerve conduction...
  6. B

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Stiff knee NC Hi - I haven't been around here much lately. PT has given up on me - completely justified. Working at home but just like every day is starting over. I can stretch & gain a bit but 15-30 minutes later it's gone .... and that's the way it has been since the TKR now a year...
  7. B

    PKR Knee fusion - what to expect

    Sorry, I just saw you are in Malaysia .... so much for a recommendation of a U.S. surgeon having great success with revision of complicated knees. Sounds like you still have plenty of time for healing and improvement.
  8. B

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Hi Stiff knee NC. I've been quietly following your quest for answers as I've been in a similar tight-band situation since my TKR last summer. I had several complications along the way and was actually diagnosed with arthrofibrosis pretty early on during this adventure but my ROM is bad (low...
  9. B

    MUA bs27's TKR Recovery

    Thank you for pointing me toward more useful information & I'll check it out. And you were correct, Pumpkin, back in October .... arthrofibrosis is my the diagnosis of my stiff knee. Being in leg brace jail for 9 weeks didn't do it any favors, either!
  10. B

    MUA bs27's TKR Recovery

    oops, sent prematurely! I now realize that it was CRPS in a mild form that I started experiencing months before the TKR and not a Morton's neuroma flare-up - then it worsened after the surgery and again after the fractures. I don't think CRPS could have been diagnosed any sooner than it was...
  11. B

    MUA bs27's TKR Recovery

    And so my crazy TKR adventure ends, not with a bang but with a whimper. I had several unusual events following my TKR but at least now, most is making sense and that is better than remaining a mystery. I'll abbreviate my adventure but realize that all this is not typical for 'normal'...
  12. B

    MUA bs27's TKR Recovery

    Thanks - No one on the arthrofibrosis specialist list is in my state or close but I am located near two major university/med schools and their highly respected medical facilities. I'll read up on arthrofibrosis and be better informed when the healing process is finished and next step decisions...
  13. B

    MUA bs27's TKR Recovery

    2nd MUA was 10/16/2020. More detail since this is an unusual event. I have not been typical TKR rehabber from the start. My knee just seemed to be an adhesion manufacturer. Gaining flexion stopped and started going backwards - that was semi-forced flexion (using my other leg to nudge it a...
  14. B

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Scar - a little over 4 months after TKR Bruising & Swelling - 3 days after 2nd MUA (rare) broke my tibia (extremely rare)
  15. B

    MUA bs27's TKR Recovery

    Scar - a little over 4 months after TKR Bruising & Swelling - 3 days after 2nd MUA (rare) broke my tibia (extremely rare)
Back
Top Bottom