Recent content by Brog13

  1. Brog13

    TKR How do I remove my dressing - help please!

    Sorry Josephine - you must think I am tooooo careful - but as you say, I have never done this before, and I was confronted with two dressings covering wounds that, from the bloodstains, looked like two bullet shaped and sized holes. Obviously when I took the dressings off, they were lovely...
  2. Brog13

    TKR How do I remove my dressing - help please!

    Hi Josephine. They said to soak it. So I googled how to remove steristrips on https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Steri-Strips, to make sure I did it properly, and it was very helpful - step by step with pictures. It probably seems so simple to anyone with any experience - but when it's your own...
  3. Brog13

    TKR How do I remove my dressing - help please!

    Brilliant - many thanks. Of course! I will phone in the morning.
  4. Brog13

    TKR How do I remove my dressing - help please!

    Hi - apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum! I had a knee arthroscopy eight days ago, and so far so good. The problem is, I am very confused as to how and when I remove the dressing. I have two wounds, both covered with steri strips and then two white waterproof plasters. I have had...
  5. Brog13

    Shoulder Replacement

    Hurray, hurray - Bonesmart have threads for shoulder replacements! I need to get back into this forum (ALWAYS excellent) and will check the correct threads to post on. Left shoulder replacement December 2011 (didn't work), left shoulder arthroscopy November 2014 to try and fix (didn't work...
  6. Brog13

    Update and some questions

    Hi Dmac24, Gosh, your post seemed like a plea that I could totally relate too six short days ago. I had my LTHR last Thursday. The day before the day before I was a basket case. Then I seemed to calm down, and even slept quite well the night before. I thought my life was over with my hip. I...
  7. Brog13

    One week to having a new hip!

    Hi Mel Thank you so much for all the help - it meant so much The surgery was a doddle! Now +5, and just reading the threads. I am no use on a laptop - I need my mouse and computer, so not staying on long. All went well. I have been scribbling notes each day to post to hopefully help others - and...
  8. Brog13

    Update and some questions

    Oh My Goodness - thank you! Really happy. And I have just worked out how to look at someone's thread - all thanks to the brilliant advice from you guys.
  9. Brog13

    Update and some questions

    Hi Dmac24. It was probably just for me - your hip might have different problems? They said that it would put too much strain on the joint by bringing my foot too near my hip - which I can't do normally at the moment - I can't put my left sock on for instance. So if I was rowing, the momentum...
  10. Brog13

    Should I read the post-operative threads...........

    Gosh, just turned the computer on to all these wonderful replies! Thank you one and all. I will start the readathon now. x
  11. Brog13

    Should I read the post-operative threads...........

    Hi! If anyone reads my numerous posts (sorry, pre-operative nerves) they will know I have two days to go. So I wondered if I should read any of the post-operative threads to see how things went for everyone. But just reading the titles is scary - nerves, pain etc. Are there any with a completely...
  12. Brog13

    Does anyone out there these have these symptoms and concerns?

    Funnily enough I went to 'Hospital School' on Monday in preparation for my THR on Thursday, and I was on many more pain meds than everyone else. And it was mentioned at the school by the physio, that if you take a lot before the operation, it might affect how well the meds may ease the pain...
  13. Brog13

    Muscle pain and spasms

    Hi Whiteshoecovers, I hope it doesn't cure the desire of so many wonderful people posting brilliantly supportive posts on this site! Thank goodness for these people.
  14. Brog13

    Update and some questions

    Hi Dmac 24. I have a concept 2 - but both my physio and consultant told me not to use it until after the THR. It puts too much strain on your hip. Obviously all hips are different, and it might be for you. I was told swimming was the best thing, so I'm sorry that doesn't help you all the time...
  15. Brog13

    Tomorrow morning--it's showtime!

    Yes, thank you Valgal. Only one more day for me to go - Thursday 7am- and your story makes wonderful reading.
Back
Top Bottom