Recent content by Boxerdad67

  1. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Well It has been 16 weeks and I still can‘t believe this. My recovery has been phenomenal and up to this point no complication. I’ve been back to work at my EMS job since early January and had no problems. I am walking and lifting weights regularly and up to a 10 incline on the treadmill at a...
  2. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    That’s great @jenTjenT it only gets better. Ice packs are your friend and adequate rest is very necessary. I’m back to work full time tomorrow. I’ll keep in touch to see how you are doing. This forum is full of great support
  3. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @CricketHip It’s been awesome. I smile everywhere I go. I just can’t believe how good it feels to walk without pain. 4 miles on mountain trail today
  4. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Layla back to work full time tomorrow
  5. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Merry Christmas to all. So today makes 8 weeks, please don’t pinch me because I’m still having this amazing dream of no hip pain, no back pain, nothing but total relief. :dancy::dancy: I couldn’t imagine things could’ve gone this well but so far it’s amazing. My OS gave me the all clear to...
  6. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Layla @Mojo333 Your insight in so valuable. I have been getting pretty fatigued after 6 hours even though it has been desk work or just driving around. First face to face appointment with OS next Tuesday Have a great weekend everyone
  7. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Elf1 I’m only doing 5 to 6 hours a day and mostly desk work. I feel a little tired when I get home. I just feel so good it’s hard to not overdo it. I mean if I feel this good I can’t just stay stationary at home in a chair but I also don’t wanna screw anything up so what is the fine...
  8. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Layla. Yes mostly sitting and driving my Expedition around calculating and drawing points on a map. I have an appointment with my OS next week as my second follow up. I certainly don’t wanna overdo it so I’ll be looking for guidance from him next week to my recovery. Thanks for all...
  9. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    So today is 6 weeks post op from my BTHR. I went back to work today at EMS on a light duty status doing mapping for our ambulances. Please don’t pinch me anyone as I still keep saying this is to good to be true and I don’t wanna wake up from this dream of no pain. I won’t bore you with extra...
  10. Boxerdad67

    THR Anniec19's New Hip Story

    Glad to hear you are improving each day. Rest and ice are so important now along with the support of family. Best wishes on your healing
  11. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Yes so very much :dancy::dancy::dancy:@CricketHip. Thank you
  12. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Happy Thanksgiving to all. Well it’s been almost 5 weeks since my BTHR this is unbelievable so far. I can’t explain how good this feels each and every day. No canes no walkers just out going, driving, shopping pretty much anything I wanna do. I do take it slow and easy but I haven’t felt this...
  13. Boxerdad67

    THR Very swollen thigh and knee area

    Glad all went well
  14. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Thank you @CricketHip. Yeah I don’t wanna overdo it for sure. Today is the beginning of week 3 and I’m just so happy with the progress. Dr. Brian Curtin is my OS in Charlotte NC
  15. Boxerdad67

    Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

    Good advice @Mojo333 I just feel so good I wanna just do stuff. We actually went to our mountain place today and walked to the top of the hill several times and it was awesome. Ice packs now though
Back
Top Bottom