Recent content by boseytal

  1. boseytal

    Young(ish) newbie: first post!

    Hi @Rutabaga - welcome to BoneSupport! I'm just the other side (8weeks) of a 2 stage RTHR - and doing well. I'm 28 so get what you mean about age!! I had an infection in my hip, resulting in septic arthritis in the hip, and had a temporary spacer in for 10 weeks. The plus side is, you'll have...
  2. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    Hi all... Bit late writing back to everyone but better late than never I suppose!! Thanks all for your lovely messages of support, they really did help before the operation. My 2nd stage was a big success - felt the relief immediately after the op. The sturdiness is brilliant! The joint itself...
  3. boseytal

    How do I change thread title?

    Hi all - my thread "THR with temp cement spacer 28yo need advice" - could someone please change it to "2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery" (I pm'd Jamie but then read on profile not to do that... So sorry :) ) Thanks, Joe
  4. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    So the long, hard road is almost over... After 10 weeks with this temporary spacer, I'm going in tomorrow for the second stage full prosthetic. My OS is going to remove the temporary spacer, and take some more bone from the pelvic cup. He's then going to screw up a titanium cup, with a plastic...
  5. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    Thanks everyone for the replies... 4 weeks with the spacer today, and the pain isn't subsiding much. It's OK when I'm lying stationary, but any movement isn't really working for me.. They really don't tell you about this before the surgery. Really wasn't expecting this level of discomfort and...
  6. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    @lalo Sounds like you've been through the mill as well. Appreciate your kind words - my fiancé wishes you a speedy recovery too :) Thanks @Jaycey @Plum Perfect @KarriB for your replies! Great to get kind words of support - and very interesting to hear your experience with this @Josephine...
  7. boseytal

    Hip Infection 3 month post op left hip

    Hi - I just had Stage 1 RTHR - but I was 4 months waiting for surgery with bone-on-bone contact in my hip. The only things I found helped with the pain was: 1. Using crutches (slightly weight bearing at the start - not at all towards the end) 2. Finding a comfortable sleeping and resting...
  8. boseytal

    THR Plum Perfect's new hip!

    Best of luck for tomorrow @Plum Perfect from Ireland! I'll be watching and hoping you've a pain free and speedy recovery... God bless :)
  9. boseytal

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    Hey @Hipster Girl - great to see you're doing so well.. Hope the boredom isn't getting you too bad - if you enjoy reading articles online, i found Stumbleupon brilliant in the hospital. I put in my interest and it went off an found lots of articles, games, puzzles etc. in that area! If you...
  10. boseytal

    THR On The Other Side

    @GGAZ Great to read about someone out the other side... I'm two weeks with a temp spacer - another 5 to go until I get the full prosthetic - I can only wish my recovery is as good as yours!! Best of luck with everything, will be keeping a keen eye on your progress :)
  11. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    Thanks all for your advice and kind words! @KarriB - I've read @Sullivand thread and really identified with it.. I guess patience really is the key here! Didn't mention it above but I'm getting married in 9 months - so I'm really anxious and worried about being ready in time! I guess that's why...
  12. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    @ilovefall - thanks so much for the kind words :) @zauberflöte - Thanks for tagging the guys and the heads up. Doing lots of Google searches - have to say this site is by far the most encouraging I've been able to find on the net. @copsham - My god you've really been through the mill too. The...
  13. boseytal

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    Hi @Sullivand and all posters! Just wanted to say how great it is to read about people in similar situations to my own. In a difficult place at the moment, and great to know there's some support and advice out here on the world wide web. Wishing you all a full recovery and all the best in the...
  14. boseytal

    Hip Infection 2 Stage THR with Temp Spacer - Recovery

    Hello! First time poster here - 28 year old male from Ireland. My story is a long and arduous one - so please bear with me. I originally presented to ER in February with sharp intermittent groin pain, which had been happening for 4 weeks. I was very active up to this point (soccer, rugby...
Back
Top Bottom