Recent content by BoomerBabe

  1. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Thanks for the tip, MajorHeidi. I'll look into it! BB
  2. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Checking in. Got fed up with the edema and saw my PCP, who prescribed a diuretic, which has helped a great deal. I found some cool designer support knee-highs online and wear them very occasionally. I still have the neuropathy in my fingers and feet, which-- depressingly enough-- seems to be...
  3. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    @Josephine and anyone who cares to chime in: Okay, I've cooled it on the exercise, keeping it to a minimum in the past several weeks. I am on my feet, doing errands, housework, walking or driving or sitting at a desk a portion of each day. I still have edema in my ankles and feet that increases...
  4. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    @Josephine, I was doing most of what I described above all through the last month of PT sessions, but they're over now. I'll do the home stuff, try limiting my activity as you suggest and report back here in a while. I stopped taking my daily NSAID a few days with the thought that it may have...
  5. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    @Josephine, thanks very much for your response. I have been away and apologize for the delay in getting back to you with answers. I finished formal PT last week, pronounced "in great shape" by the therapist. I'm ashamed to say I do not know all the names of the machines or the exercises I was...
  6. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Josephine! I was joking about "wrath!" I thought the "uncertain" emoticon and my citing my appreciation of your devotion to helping us would convey that, but I guess they didn't and I'm sorry. And I did answer your questions, 1 through 3, to the best of my ability. (As an aside, I had tests...
  7. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Oh, Josephine, I hesitate to answer because I fear your wrath.:unsure: You are clearly knowledgeable and devoted to helping us, but it is apparent that we Americans with our focus on lots of exercise and getting back to normal within weeks sometimes drive you mad. You need to understand that...
  8. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Question: Both my ankles swell up by mid-day. They look like they're wearing life preservers. Anyone else?
  9. BoomerBabe

    THR Hi there, wow what a trip this has been!

    I am going to print this out and show it to my OS, whose PA insists I not get on a horse again because I might fall! All I do is a little recreational riding here in the east, NOTHING remotely resembling what you working folks are doing! (I had an unforgettable riding-camping vacation in...
  10. BoomerBabe

    THR THR and running

    Not that I did any of them regularly, particularly recently because of my hip issues, but why am I being told "...no horseback riding, no ice skating, no sports in which you may fall?" Does my doctor know something about my bones/body that I don't, or is he just incredibly conservative?
  11. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Yo, fellow posterior THRs and Experts: how did you fare when your hip precautions were finally lifted? (Mine are up Thursday.) Could you immediately get dressed without issues and prop your legs up to tie your shoes? I have been walking (slowly) and even dancing (nothing too wild) at the first...
  12. BoomerBabe

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    Site protocol question: If I must always "keep to one recovery thread" with the same subject line, how can I post a specific question and get the attention of the forum to (hopefully) get answers? BB
  13. BoomerBabe

    THR Recovery in progress

    I just did a rather extensive web search and can't find ANY consistency amid what's posted by U.S. medical facilities, orthopedists or societies of orthopedists regarding the necessity for "lifelong" hip precautions for those who have had posterior hip replacement surgery. Medical opinions on...
  14. BoomerBabe

    THR Recovery in progress

    Momof3, re precautions: I recently had my one-month post-op follow up with my surgeon, who is relatively conservative, and was told by his PA to stick to the precautions for another month. I assume that means I can stop following them June 3, since I don't go back for another follow-up until...
Back
Top Bottom