Recent content by Boogaloo

  1. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Hi everyone. Today, after showering I noticed, when I was toweling off my leg with the operated knee, that my incision had opened up a section about a quarter of an inch, about an inch above the lower end of the incision. It wasn't bleeding or weeping and I didn't detect any smell but I went to...
  2. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    I agree @luvcats. I'm still taking oxycodone 10/325 2x a day and Gabapentin 800 3x a day but it just barely takes the edge off the pain in my hips, groin, thighs, and lower back. The meds have no effect when I do any kind of prolonged walking or standing.
  3. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    @luvcats I have an appointment to review the results on Wednesday 10/2.
  4. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Thank you @luvcats and @marieltha. I'm hanging in there. It's hard to get around due to my hip and lower back pain. I feel worse today than I did last week. I can't bend from the waist at all. I'm anxious to get the results of the MRI and the upcoming EMG test.
  5. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Hi everyone, Pain management doctor ordered an MRI of my lower spine and I had that done today. It was torture to have to lay flat on my back with both legs straight for 45 minutes. My back, hips, thighs were on fire when all was said and done. I had to take an oxycodone as soon as I got home...
  6. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    :swoon:Hello friends, Well, I had my 3 months post op appointment today. The knee is doing great, I was discharged from PT. My surgeon and I got to talking about my persistent pains in the lower back, hips, thighs, and groin. He ordered some xrays and came back with some bad news. I'm going to...
  7. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Upper thigh and pelvic pain worsens with activity. I'm paying dearly after any sort of of activity involving walking or standing for more than a few minutes. Turning over in bed is torture. I'm also getting random "twitches" on my legs, like the twitch that happens just before you fall asleep...
  8. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Hard Pelvic and upper thigh pain today. I have PT later this afternoon. Hope my therapist can help.
  9. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing well and feeling good. I had my second d PT session today. I did a lot more exercises than the first time. My extension is still about 5 degrees off from where it should be so the therapist worked on that too. I felt no pain during or after the session...
  10. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Lots of pain tonight, only it's not my RTKR knee. It's pelvic pain on my left side, front of both thighs and groin. My lower left lumbar region aches too. I have severe lower lumbar spine arthritis. I had these pains before my knee replacement and was hoping I would get some relief after the...
  11. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. My recovery has been progressing slowly but surely. The CBD oil has been helping. The burning, stinging areas on my skin have gotten smaller. Today was my first outpatient PT session. My therapist was very nice and gentle. He asked me a lot...
  12. B

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Sorry you're going through so much discomfort! I hope the ointment does the trick and provides permanent relief!
  13. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Oh good @FitGal! I hope your OS can help with your rash.
  14. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    I had another night of good restful sleep. I really hope this lasts! I'm feeling pretty good, so good that I forgot to grab my cane to go upstairs! I realized it when I was three steps up so I decided to continue on up without it. I also came back downstairs without the cane. I didn't have any...
  15. B

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Happy to report that I had a really good night's sleep and I'm having a good day today. I'm almost pain-free. The burning pain is gone. All I feel is a little bit of soreness around the incision. I don't know if the relief is due to to the gabapentin 600 or the CBD oil but I'm really happy...
Back
Top Bottom