Recent content by bonzie

  1. B

    TKR 5 days after surgery

    @theresav - Glad to see you are on "the other side" with both knees done. I am 6 months out with my RTKR and 3 months with my LTKR and doing good. I was curious to read you did not have staples so how was your incision closed? Staples hurt coming out!
  2. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    I just cancelled my PT for today. My left knee is as sore as it was the day of my surgery so I can't imagine doing any PT exercises today. I am DEFINITELY leaving the exercises alone and icing! My therapist did watch me walk and gave me a few suggestions which I am trying to follow.
  3. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    I did have a THR in 2012 which left me with a leg discrepancy but I was told my 2 TKR's would correct that. It was obvious that my left leg WAS shorter that my right after the hip replacement. Maybe it still is???
  4. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Hi, Clipless - Thanks for your suggestions. I meant I exercised at home every day and have PT twice a week. I just keep thinking if I exercise both knees daily they will loosen up but I am going to take your advice and stop and ice and elevate. I am thinking of purchasing a treadmill to help...
  5. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Actually, you aren't that far behind my second TKR. I had it done Sept. 1. I thought about postponing it but my "good" knee dislocated while doing PT for my surgery right knee! For 2 months I couldn't walk on either knee so I was glad to get an early surgery date for my second knee. I am...
  6. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Thanks for all the good feedback so quickly! I am just so tired about my life being all about my knees. I can't believe how long recovery takes. I feel if I don't exercise my knees they will stay tight/stiff but maybe I should do PT every other day. It doesn't seem to matter how much...
  7. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    First RTKR May 2015 - second LTKR Sept. l, 2015. BOTH knees are very stiff. I understand my left knee is only 2 months out but I am wondering why my right knee (now 6 months out) is still real stiff. I asked my OS at my 2 month check-up for my left knee & he said they are not "stiff" because...
  8. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    :blackcloud:I was doing perfectly at 8 weeks - extension 0 with flexion 135! Then at PT yesterday while doing a new exercise I twisted my LEFT bad knee (due for surgery in Sept.) and now I cannot walk on that leg at all. I am back to crutches and have horrendous pain everytime I move. Going...
  9. B

    TKR One month, the good and the bad<

    Hi, KYata - I had a great PT session yesterday - finally got my leg to 0 after he pushed down on it. Said I was doing great - such good news! I got a 2lb ankle wt. I am putting on my knee while it is stretched straight witih a towel under the heel. I'm also continuing with my stretches...
  10. B

    TKR One month, the good and the bad<

    sharalder - I am SO jealous! You are right where I have been working so hard to be and I am at 6 weeks. My ROM was 90 out of the hospital but my extension is 3-5 - very bowed knee. When I saw my OS @one month he said my leg better be straight by next month's visit or I will be put in a...
  11. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Hi, everyone! Once again, really appreciate all your concern and good suggestions. Had a long PT this AM - really worked on my extension. PT wants me doing 3 of my exercises 4x5 times a day! I'm at a 3-5 extension where 0 is ideal. I am doing the heel, ball, toe stride. I am thinking of...
  12. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Celle - Thanks for your response. We spent a month in New Zealand in February 2011 and didn't want to leave! Such a beautiful country. I am taking Tylenol when I do go to PT but other than that the pain is minimal. I am doing the Extension: Exercises for improvement posted on this site. I...
  13. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Once again, thanks for all the kind feedback. This site is a MUST for joint replacement patients! I wish I had found this site before my TRHR in 2002. I would have tried to find a surgeon that did the anterior surgery rather than posterior which I had and made my 6 weeks of recovery horrible...
  14. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Thank you all for your quick replies regarding my extension issues. I am doing all of the above suggestions - hanging knee off bed, stretching leg completely straight on opposite chair with a weight hanging off knee, etc. I am also battling nausea with lack of appetite (I guess due to meds)...
  15. B

    TKR REALLY bummed

    I am 4 weeks out having had RTKR May 11, 2015. At my one month dr. appointment I had 115 ROM but my flexion was bad. Very bowed leg. If it does not get straight in one more month my dr. is putting me in a "tortuous" leg brace. I started outside PT last week after having 7 PT sessions at...
Back
Top Bottom