Recent content by bonetobone

  1. bonetobone

    Hinged Joint 8 month regression^

    @Tanya76 Just take it one day at a time. I had my TKR Nov. 6th and feel helpless, my emotions are bouncing off the wall, and I am restless. My pain pills are making me sick at my stomach, even taking Prilosec, but not helping, so I am trying to get by therapy using Tylenol and don't know if I...
  2. bonetobone

    TKR I'm on the Recovery Side 5 Days Postop<

    1. Pain level. 2-3 2. Now on 10 mg oxycodone which is making me sick and not working as good as the 1st prescription of oxycodone APAP 7.5 (325 mg). Evidently the Tylenol helped with the pain in the first prescription. 3. Moderate swelling 4. PT say is very straight. ROM is or was...
  3. bonetobone

    TKR I'm on the Recovery Side 5 Days Postop<

    So many times I would read and know that I would get to this side. My TKR was Monday, Nov 6th. At 2:30 I was taken down to surgery 2 hours, recovery 1ΒΌ hrs and in my room at 6:00 pm. At 9:00 next morning, PT came got me up and I walked 265 feet. Then in the CPM machine for 2 hours starting...
  4. bonetobone

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I'm right there with you @mbtb6282. My RTKR is tomorrow, nov. 6th also. Getting very nervous and anxious for it to be done. Good luck and see you on the recovery side.
  5. bonetobone

    4 Days to go, and totally unprepared

    Thank you, @sistersinhim.....
  6. bonetobone

    4 Days to go, and totally unprepared

    It's getting closer and closer. My TRKR is tomorrow, the 6th. Since hospital stay is only a day or two not a lot to pack. I'm packing few toiletries and couple pair of jogging pants and t-shirts. Although I've had total replacement on left knee I'm still getting up tight and nervous...
  7. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    Sorry, @bottomshollow, I'm still trying to figure out how to do things on the site. Thanks for moving my post to right area. I really enjoy reading all the experiences and everyone coming together to lift everyone up before and after surgery.
  8. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    Had my pre op today so realizing how quick Monday is getting here. The nurse said things had changed since I had my last TKR in 2010. Mainly that the doctors send you home a lot quicker, in some instances just stay in hospital one day. She said I would have pain management and they would be...
  9. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    My surgery is at 2:30 so don't know when discharge will be, probably next day. It seems nowadays they push you out of the hospital as quick as they can, (insurance companies I'm sure cause some of this). I am so enjoying this forum. So much information and to know someone else is telling...
  10. bonetobone

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    @Bensmom Hi, I see you are having TKR on same day and same knee as me. I will be thinking of you on this day as we both begin this journey.
  11. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    @Josephine , Thanks for the info. My PA said I would probably go home the next day after surgery. He said patients do better at home because they are more comfortable and will have to get up and move is the reason for next day discharge, provided you can manage to get in and out of bed, walk...
  12. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    @SpaceGirl, I will have you in my prayers. Your surgery is 1 day after my birthday. I was down with my other TKR on my birthday too. I had posted August but it was October. The hospital just called me at work and did my preregistration and I go for Pre-Op Tuesday, Halloween, of all days. So...
  13. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    @Celle. My surgeon told me he understood me not wanting to have another TKR since my other one is not good. I also am having it done at a different hospital. Even the Physician Assistant said this hospital was better with the pain control. So I am putting my trust in him and faith in God to...
  14. bonetobone

    Right Total Knee Replacement

    When I stand on it for more than 10 minutes it feels like it expands inside and goes numb. My knee, leg, and ankle swells. After one year I went to my surgeon and he said everything was fine. (Of course he would say that). Standing on it for lengthier time and it will hurt. In my therapy I...
Back
Top Bottom