Recent content by Bone-obo

  1. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    @Mojo333 and @Layla: thanks for thinking of me! Yup, my little blue Pottery Barn implants are silently purring along just fine. Flexibility is still increasing, albeit slowly - I've hit all the benchmarks I'd laid out as "super powers" earlier in the blog, and occasionally better them by a...
  2. Bone-obo

    THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

    Soooo glad you've joined the Manic Dotboy Kickline! Share some deets when you've got time!
  3. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    Counting dress rehearsals, maybe ... 25 x 8, so maybe 200 deaths, plus another 300 or so in rehearsal, so fully half-way to a coward's death. But to paraphrase the old saw, dying is easy; costume changes are hard.
  4. Bone-obo

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    But how many rocks did you cross before you got to the one with your name on it? (I got nothin' on the map thing. That's whack.) Personally, I think of you as exuberant and fearless, and the klutziness is just a side effect. I'm profoundly sorry that your slips cause you pain, but at the same...
  5. Bone-obo

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    Knees are such drama queens, aren't they? They're sensitive, finicky, and moody, and even when you think they're all toughened up and road-ready, they'll find a way to betray you and lay you up for week after frustrating week. Ugh!!
  6. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    You have great taste in trikes - you can't go wrong with ICE. (I ride one myself!) And in Kansas you must have miles and miles of flat, beautiful roads to bomb around on - I'm slightly envious. Keep me posted when you go for your first ride, even if it's just a few feet! If I get the part, 8...
  7. Bone-obo

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    THAT'S the kind of report I like to see: @SaraK is gettin' it done! Inspiring, and it couldn't happen to a nicer person!
  8. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    Aw! I was thinking about you guys, too, and missing all the friends I made during my dual recuperation! I managed to ride 40 miles a month or so ago on the trike - surprisingly easy. Distance on the trike is easier than it was before - my knees are happier now that they don't have to draw...
  9. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    Long story short, I've been spending more and more time on my feet this month while noticing it less and less. Lots of shoots, which are always load n' tote intensive affairs, and several all-day gigs standing behind a camera. Adding to the challenge level, I completely ditched my beloved NSAIDs...
  10. Bone-obo

    THR Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

    Up is good, although I wish it were more than just some. I'd love to hear more when you have a chance - as the Queen of Pupland, you should be preened and pampered at all times. If your retinue isn't coming through on their end, let us know and stern words will be spoken to those shirking their...
  11. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    As far as I know! I figure as long as there aren't any signs of infection or serious damage I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing and enjoy the crae crae of it all. Glad to hear about your high level of activity! You kids and your after school playtime!
  12. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    Three months! Whoa! That's the paper cut anniversary, isn't it? Yep, progress is pretty darn good. I've hit the asymptotic part of recovery, so I don't see much improvement day to day, but just when I think I've topped out, I'll notice I've added something new to my repertoire. For example...
  13. Bone-obo

    THR Diary of my journey to happy times

    I wish there were a "yahoo you go girl" rating for you - welcome back to the bells!
  14. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    An educational aside on flexibility: it's a brain thing, not a hip or leg thing. The latest theory is that the brain locks the muscles up when it thinks we're going to shred something - even if we're not! So stretching is about convincing our slow, stupid gray bits that we're more flexible than...
  15. Bone-obo

    THR The fun part

    I don't wonder at all, Barbara, because I've got similar goals. Near as I can tell, flexibility returns late in the recovery process for a lot of people, and that's where I'm pinning my hopes - for you as well! Welcome back, you globe-trotter you! Glad you're checking in!
Back
Top Bottom