Recent content by bondgirl

  1. bondgirl

    THR All done!

    I made it to the other side !! All went really well though annoyingly low blood pressure is slowing down physio. Looking forward to going home this weekend
  2. bondgirl

    THR Just got surgery date

    Thank you both! Apparently I’m first on the operating table tomorrow so all being well a shiny new hip by lunchtime
  3. bondgirl

    THR New September Sapphire here

    Thank you! You too- I feel like September 23rd will be a lucky day
  4. bondgirl

    THR New September Sapphire here

    Abacus, don’t feel like you’re too young or your hip isn’t ‘bad enough’. I had my right hip replaced 8 years ago at 46, similar to you, bone on bone but still doing fitness and yoga. I was so glad I did it - I hadn’t realised how much the pain has been affecting me until it had gone! Since...
  5. bondgirl

    THR Just got surgery date

    Thank you @CricketHip, such great advice to re-read through my recovery thread from 2012- I feel more positive already!
  6. bondgirl

    THR Just got surgery date

    Thank you Jaycey- I’ve been told to ‘social distance’ for 14 days prior to Covid test then isolate for 2 days in between test and operation. So, while I assume I’m safe to go out for a walk away from people I should really stay at a distance from my husband and particularly son who will be...
  7. bondgirl

    THR Just got surgery date

    not sure if I’m nervous or excited - probably both! I first joined this forum 8 years ago when I had my right hip fixed (anterior approach, ceramic). Marcus Bankes in London did a fabulous job... at the time my left hip was bad but I managed to stave off the inevitable with Pilates, curcumin...
  8. bondgirl

    THR Completed on June 14, 2012

    It sounds like after your initial shaky start you are coming on leaps and bounds - well done! Which kind of yoga do you practice? I'm really missing my vinyassa flow but found that some of the breathing exercises put me in good stead for recovery.
  9. bondgirl

    THR All Done!!

    Great advice, will heed it. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying watching "officer and a gentleman" with two male nurses at my disposal!
  10. bondgirl

    THR All Done!!

    Yippee- made it to the other side- new joint went in the leg it was supposed to and both legs the same length. Needn't have worried about spinal- all straightforward and pain free. Strong pain killers made me too nauseous to hold food down for first two days but now on day 3 have had fantastic...
  11. bondgirl

    New here!

    Hip hip hooray! All went well so now going over to " the other side".:
  12. bondgirl

    June 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In June?

    It's my day today :o) Got up at 4am so I could have some toast before the cut-off time........ op not till this afternoon - waiting for car to take me to the hospital..........
  13. bondgirl

    New here!

    Thank you Bottomshollow for the tip about putting something under the chair - I hadnt even thought about that! Pre-op tests all went well yesterday, just keeping fingers crossed results OK for go-ahead Tuesday. Trying not to catch a cold from my son before then! After all the racing around...
  14. bondgirl

    New here!

    Happy Jubilee from London - what a weekend ! Thank you everyone for all your words of encouragement and advice. "Bond" was my maiden name - hence "bondgirl" but I am also a big fan ....... I have been measuring all my chairs with arms and they're all about 16 inches so will have to get a...
Back
Top Bottom