Recent content by Bob S

  1. Bob S

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Shoulder replacement in the near future

    Good Morning , My wife is being told that she needs both her shoulders replaced .... I am putting her on this fourm as I had used it when i had two hip replacements starting in July of this year.. The information , encouragement , comments were terrific for me and my recovery ... I'm now back...
  2. Bob S

    THR Done at last

    excellent points .... I had the same protocol with both my THRS..Might want to suggest to the anesthesiologist.."amnesia type " drug in the mix ...I woke up during my first surgery RATHER UNPLEASANT... I do understand as the goal is to keep the anesthesia as light as possible... The second...
  3. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Thanks so much for both !!!
  4. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Hello, First, I have been a member for several months and find this fourm so helpful on many issues ... Had my first THR ( right )in mid July ... The second one on Sept 22 ( left ) Both had excellent results and I am doing terific .. I spoke to my OS practice yesterday and was given the go...
  5. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Hey Thanks Mojo ...Me too ...Typical man, I can be a little short on patience
  6. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Good Morning ..... Just a quick update .... New hips feel terrific. one of 7/18 the other of 10/22 .... Walking without pain, medication use is only Tylenol taken PRN .... with my OS yesterday for the two week post op appointment. He, like me ,could not be more pleased... Did shoot me down...
  7. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    thanks .....I'll slow things up for a day or so .....
  8. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    just looking for a little insight .... Things were going great, Today is 11 days post LTHR ... I was having minimal pain when walking I was managing it with Tylenol ....walking every day .. doing PT and home exercises...I find that today I'm experiencing more pain in the groin area then in the...
  9. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Excellent idea .... I'll lay off the goals .... Guess i'm just so glad to finally be pain free im a little over anxious....
  10. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Thanks ....i am working with a Pain MD .. I have been for several years for L3/ L4 disc herniaion .... He is the person that increased the Gabapentin from 300mg to 600mg / daily several months ago . It was his thinking I may get some relief from OA prior to my surgery ... I didn't get much if...
  11. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Hello to all... Things continue to improve on my end ... Walking on a treadmill, continuing the PT exercises all with little or no pain ... I can feel that #3 wood in my hands as i'm writing this ... On a slightly different note . Is anyone familiar with a drug , Gabapentin ? I have been on 300...
  12. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Walking 200-300 yards several times a day ....Like so many have said here , "walk,walk," ... Taking it to heart .... YES, cleaned my clubs knowing all the time it's only a putter for a while .... Did feel really good to get them in my hand ... It's been since April .... I did order a sock aide...
  13. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Thanks ... I feel great .... Like the rest of us " veterans " on here it now becomes my task to support others as I was and am supported....
  14. Bob S

    THR "A little noise"

    Thanks everyone.... All continues to be going great ..I have my second PT appointment today ..,Actually looking forward to it as I want to add a couple more exercises...Continuing my walking every day with very minor pain ... Actually cleaned my golf clubs in preparation for the future ...
Back
Top Bottom