Recent content by blueskymum

  1. blueskymum

    Two new knees - ups and downs.

    Thanks for the recovery articles. The last two days have been like a roller coaster. A good nights sleep followed by one where I barely slept at all, and a major blitz on the exercises. To top it off today I had to cancel physio because I had to appear in court as a witness in a child abuse case...
  2. blueskymum

    Two new knees - ups and downs.

    I had BTKR surgery on 14 October and all went well. I had a general anaesthetic combined with epidural that kept me partly pain free for three days. On waking after surgery it was hard to believe I had experienced major surgery. I had oxygen prongs in my nose and dressings on both legs but I...
  3. blueskymum

    Time for a matching set (of knees)!

    Hope all went well today for you, I go in tomorrow. My anaesthetist says he does a general and I can choose either a spinal or epidural or the pump. I'm going for the epidural as he says I will be up and about sooner. Good luck, see you on the other side!
  4. blueskymum

    Bilateral TKR is scheduled for October 15

    I also found so many people being negative about having both knees at once, but it suits me to get the surgery over and done with after being restricted in activity for the last few years. Once I made the decision and found a surgeon I really liked, I feel confident in my decision. I go in...
  5. blueskymum

    2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    I am having both my knees replaced on October 14th- I am 56, and have been putting up with pain in the left knee for over five years. This year the right knee has deteriorated and I am almost looking forward to the surgery and getting back to a more active life, although I am pretty anxious...
  6. blueskymum

    Finally

    Hi rj, I am having a bilateral total knee replacement next Tues 14 October so I'll be a couple of days ahead of you. I hope all goes well for you and I'll follow your progress on this site. I'm in Australia- my surgeon wants me to go to rehab in hospital for a week after I have a week in...
  7. blueskymum

    Bilateral Knee Replacement October 14th

    I just came back from a quick week visiting family interstate, before having both my knees replaced next Tuesday. I have been very restricted with my left knee being stiff and painful for about five years, but the right knee has deteriorated this year so I have decided to get the operation over...
  8. blueskymum

    2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    I'm having both knees done on 14th October. Put it off for so long now, but now I am well and truly ready to get back to an active life!
Back
Top Bottom