Recent content by blissful

  1. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    @julesm86 - thanks! I would have done so many things wrong had I not found bonesmart. Don't think that there are accidents in this world - that's why I tell everybody about this wonderful place. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Had my 6 week (and first checkup) last Friday. I love this man - he called me a "Superstar". Never once tried to touch my knee. He asked me to extend my leg out and then smiled so big! Said - "I love it when a leg bends like that!" Kept telling me how proud he was of me and when I asked when I...
  3. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Wow! 5 weeks yesterday and I woke up and felt like a human being again. Walking normally with no pain and able to do all the little things again. Just got back from my first outing - grocery shopping. Took my cane for security. Pushed the cart around the store and drove myself home. Icing now...
  4. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Yes @sistersinhim in really does! Just can't get over weak I am physically. I live on the side if a mtn so my driveway is 900 ft down in a winding way. So, I thought today I would ask the Hubs to walk arm and arm with me down to the mailbox. Thank goodness there is a bench at the bottom! Still...
  5. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Decided to get a shower and got out for breakfast and go to the grocery store. So very happy they have the electric carts! Only hit two guys and four shelves [emoji4]. I'll get the hang of it next time. Got home and put the groceries away - feeling good. Next thing I know I'm waking up from a 3...
  6. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    No ODIC for me for sure. [emoji4] Can see the other side - still a long way off - but it's there. Such a good feeling! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Finally got my nights and days turned around - with the help of ambien. So back in the land of the living. 30 days out and took a ride down to the grocery store and to pick up dinner with hubs. Really showed me that I'm not ready to drive yet. The cars are going so fast - really weird! Had...
  8. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    @pumpkin great idea. I'll also start taking vitamin D again. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    @newlybionic - I am considering asking for ambien as I've taken it before and it really works for me. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    @charmed-life thanks for validating what is happening to me. I took the pill much earlier tonight so maybe I can get this turned around. On the upside I am sleeping 8-9 hours uninterrupted and that has to be good for my knee. It's midnight here in Georgia and I'm going strong. Oh well. :)...
  11. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    It's funny the amitriptyline doesn't seem to work at night when I take it. I was up last night from midnight to 9 this am. Slept today from noon to 8:30pm. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Gotta say my knee is doing really well for 25 days out. The pain is minimal and I'm walking unaided. My problem now is the sleeping issue. My nights and days have flip flopped. I take my meds at 10:30am and 10:30pm. I also add amitriptyline at night for sleep. In the morning I fight sleep...
  13. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    It is amazing the difference you feel immediately after the staples are removed. It's a freeing sensation. I just want to give a big shout out to Josephine for realizing and sharing her findings regarding the mantra that is embraced here on Bonesmart. I admit that I was skeptical at first...
  14. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Staples out - ROM 104/2. Walking unaided - not bad for a 65 yo grandma! :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. blissful

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Yep - one PT at a time :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom