Recent content by Blessed1

  1. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    @forbesy, great points! Things have been getting better for me over time thank God. The pool sounds like a great idea so I'm going to give that a shot when I'm cleared to submerge my incision. Thanks again Billy.
  2. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Lol fair enough :-) I'll definitely ease up on the PT for sure!
  3. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Oh wow ok, I really over looked that because we did the same thing in March with the other side with no problems. I can see how the exercise could've made it worse. Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this for me because it's tough to deal with. :-) you're awesome, thank you.
  4. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    @Josephine, forgive me for making up names for exercises I didn't know the names of :) Standing exercises: 1 set of 10 Leg lifts Leg raises Side leg lifts Calf raises Sitting exercises: 1 set of 10 Edge of the chair: Leg extensions Reclined with legs straight: 1 set of 10 Ankle pumps Squeezing...
  5. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Thanks so much for your time @Josephine 1. Anterior 2. Right now it's at an 8 and can go to 10 depending on the slightest movement. 3. Percocet 7.5-325mg 2 tabs every 4 hours. 4. Because of the pain the only thing I really do is very light walking inside if I need to. I may pick up clutter...
  6. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    @JulieJF Lol same here. I got up at 6am today, clearly a mistake, lol so I passed out again. With this lovely medication it doesn't take much effort to fall asleep :-)Plus I'm extra motivated to sleep so I won't have to feel anything
  7. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Thanks so much for the info @Josephine I seem to be experiencing a lot of groin pain, I literally just sit still for most of the day so I won't have to feel any pain. Is this pain normal and should it subside as my hips heal? Thanks hun.
  8. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    @Poppet, I haven't had too much trouble sleeping to be honest. I'm a night owl and with sleeping so much during the day I thought it was normal to stay awake later. I was actually just reading this article too :-) I'm having some chamomile tea as I'm reading this. I will definitely keep that...
  9. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Thank you @Poppet I'll be up for a while so I'll definitely have time to review this info again. :-)
  10. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Hi @Poppet, yes I make sure I eat something every time.
  11. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Thanks @Cynthia777 :) Hi there @Josephine ... A penny for your thoughts please :) ---regarding the different cup sizes used and possible side effects or complications.
  12. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    Those prayers are more than I could ever ask for right now @Cynthia777 :-) Thank you so much. Hi there @JulieJF and @Liznwiz Thanks so much for the support. Still hanging in there ladies, I sent an email to the office about my concerns so I'll hear back from them tomorrow. I think my mind...
  13. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    3 days post op Trying to stay positive :-) Lots of pain and nausea, kind of difficult to hold things down. Set my alarm so I can take my meds round the clock. Have a great night :-)
  14. Blessed1

    THR My new hip :-)

    5/13 ---Post-op Anterior approach LTHR This new hip... is definitely different. I'm having a difficult time walking. My left leg isn't cooperating when my brain tells it to move smh Hospital staff has been great as usual. The muscle spasms this time around are unbearable!!!; we found that...
  15. Blessed1

    It's that time again :-)

    Currently in the arms of my hubby at the hospital waiting... :-) anxious for my other hip. Here's to a successful surgery, speedy recovery, and new beginnings! Ready to get my life back and truly love it to the fullest. No jitters this time, I feel like I was just here last week for my other...
Back
Top Bottom