Recent content by bkish

  1. bkish

    Finger/Thumb Finger joint replacement

    I am sorry you had problems after your surgery and hope you will have improvement. It has been five weeks post second and third metacarpophalangeal joints replacement on my dominant hand. Last week the full cast was removed and a hand splint made that I wear 24/7, removing hourly during the day...
  2. bkish

    Right knee July 11, 2017

    Correction: oxycodone 5mg, 1-2tabs every 4hours as needed. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. bkish

    Right knee July 11, 2017

    Yes. Though you know that intellectually, your knee jerk reaction ( no pun intended) is to compare it to the other one. Then you remind yourself. As far as the comment about the top of the tibia being a problem and was "brown" the only thing I could think of was more wear and tear from longer...
  4. bkish

    Right knee July 11, 2017

    It seems it's been longer than it has. LTKR March 17,17 and RTKR July11,17 Things are going well. Extension of 0 and flexion of 94 today. He said he had to do more work on this right one; something about the top of the tibia being brown?? He made a face but I wasn't clear enough to explore the...
  5. bkish

    Right knee July 11, 2017

    Thank you to everyone for well appreciated support. Although we are told that knee replacement is so different from hip replacement, living it is a reality not truly known until actually experienced. Thank you all. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. bkish

    Right knee July 11, 2017

    Thank you Celle. I appreciate the resources. Even though this is the second time around within four months, I think we are more receptive being familiar with the basic routines. Also, not having the next surgery hanging over you , you can concentrate on the recovery and not what is yet to be...
  7. bkish

    Right knee July 11, 2017

    Finally have run out of major joints to replace. It will be interesting to see how the LTKR of 03/14/2017 differs with the RTKR of 07/11/2017, as they say they all are different. Too soon to tell as it has only been 4 days. Home Care physical therapy was out and thought I was doing very well...
  8. bkish

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Becky, I am sorry to read about your vertigo. You certainly don't need that added to your recovery and stress of waiting for the baby. I understand the frustration and discomfort ( to put it mildly) that you have. I have meniere's in my left ear with accompanying hearing loss, tinnitus and have...
  9. bkish

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Hi Becky. I have just followed your postings. Like you, I too had LTKR done in March (14th) and am scheduled RTKR for next Tuesday. I have been enjoying a couple of weeks of pseudo freedom and activity knowing the cycle begins in one week. I did not want to go through it again but, knowing it...
  10. bkish

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    That would be great. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. bkish

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hi. Actually, still have a "recovery thread" from March and LTK. Since the RTK is about one week away, do I need to have a pre surgery thread or just work on the current one? Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. bkish

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    11thJuly17 RTK. LTK was done 14thMarch17 Have a post op thread from March. Before was fear of the unknown; now its fear of the known. Sent from my iPhone
  13. bkish

    March 14, 2017<

    Well, I followed your advice and for the next five days elevated " toes above nose", iced and rested. Normal ADLs are stairs during the day, walking within the house and minimal chores like snacks and small meals. I was pleasantly surprised at the calming of the IT band , especially walking...
  14. bkish

    March 14, 2017<

    Thank you for your response. To clarify some of the answers: 1. I was doing flexion either with heel slides lying down or sitting in a chair and bending the knee as far as possible. Flexing had not been a problem as it was measured 90 within the first week. I will stop or at least stop this for...
  15. bkish

    March 14, 2017<

    Sorry, pain level 4-9 with IT band pain to 9 when stepping forward and down with severe pain at lateral ankle extending down the leg. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom