Recent content by bitterblonde

  1. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    Hey all, I am almost 4 months post op of an anterior THR. In the last few days I have been getting really sharp pains/jolts where my wound drain was and at the bottom of my incision. I also get the sensation of a deep itch under my incision that I just can't scratch because it is still numb...
  2. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    OOPS I did it again. I was feeling restless so I went for a short walk. Now, I am down for the count. Good lord I hate being immobile! This weekend I actually have places I need to go, and I am not sure I can even fake my way of feeling OK through it. I have been trying not to take my narcotics...
  3. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    OMG, I was so angry at the supermarket today! Only 12 days post op, I still needed a scoot scoot to ride at the store. As I was leaving, there was a woman getting out of a truck with a cane. I told her I was leaving and she could have the scooter if she wanted. She looked at me and said "No. I...
  4. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    Thanks for the replies, and yes, things are finally moving along! :) I'm just not a patient patient
  5. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    I'm 8 days post op and getting really frustrated and blue. I saw a link for an article regarding post op blues but I can't find it now.... mainly I am BORED! And this feeling of a foreign thing in my leg is actually annoying
  6. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    Wow.....I kicked my own butt! I had a TLHR on Monday 6/29 and I was feeling AWESOME....walking with only a cane, I was so proud of myself for how much I could do!!! And then........yesterday everything turned for the worse, tightened up and I am back to where I was the day of surgery. Boy don't...
  7. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    Anyone else experience this? I barely had anything in the hemovac, but I am going through gauze and tegaderms like they are going out of style. My thigh is tight, not hot or red, but it's making me kinda nervous.
  8. bitterblonde

    THR I made it to the other side!

    :loveshwr:Good morning hipsters, Surgery Monday 6/29 home Tuesday 6/30! Total time in hospital including surgery 25 hours! Modern medicine is amazing! Feels good to be home, but I missed a dose of pain meds when I was sleeping so I am playing catch up on it right now. ugh....pretty...
  9. bitterblonde

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having hip surgery in June?

    Scheduled for a LTHR on June 29th. Surgery Monday, going home Tuesday!
Back
Top Bottom