Recent content by Birdie1

  1. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    So...I skipped therapy on Friday, and I am skipping today. I ended up back on my walker after Wednesday. Then, of course, on Thursday, I tried to do the stretching I had been taught. My Saturday night, I was hobbling and back to the walker. I phoned the therapy center today, and told them I need...
  2. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Thanks to you all for listening and understanding. I believe you are correct that the PTA did too much. I was very tired that day from not sleeping well, and she pushed more than she ever has with me. Some of the other PTA's push normally; but, this lady never did. I'm sorry, but it makes me...
  3. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    PLEASE HELP!! I had been doing better, and I was able to flex to 113 on my own last week at therapy. Went to therapy on Wednesday, and the assistant therapist did lots of work on me...stretching, in order for me to be re-evaluated by the PT for insurance. The assistant is a veteran, and has...
  4. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Thank you, MoPeaches, and Kneeper! I am grateful to have found this site in May. I find such comfort here in times of anguish. It really helps to hear that 90 degrees is fine at three weeks. Monday will actually make four weeks, and today I was able to flex to 113 on my own. Yay!! It's not every...
  5. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Thank you so much, Appaloosa, for your kind words!
  6. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Hello Everyone. I am three weeks out of TKR on the left knee this time. I have been fretting because I still am unable to flex my leg past 90 degrees. With effort and pain from the PT, I have flexed to 101. My fear is that as time goes on, my knee will set and my flexion won't improve. Before my...
  7. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Skigirl, I appreciate your kindness. I spend much time in visualization of positive forces. Prayer and meditation are the things that sustain me. Interesting you are Episcopalian. I was confirmed into the Episcopal church during my undergraduate years; 1984 to be exact.:SUNsmile: Since I settled...
  8. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Thank you so much for reminding me to relax. I have to do that a lot of times through the day. Mostly because I allow my family to cause me to feel stressed. That is a whole 'nother blog. Also, thanks so much for posting the correct elevation positions. It will be a good review for me in...
  9. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Hope this finds everyone doing well in your personal recoveries. I am ill at ease with this left knee. Therapy is going well, and my movement is good. The problem is that this knee was way more arthritic than the right one, and I'm having so much trouble straightening the hamstrings. They had...
  10. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    The plastic sheath is off my knee. I have not put any other thing on it, but dial soap with my hand and I let warm water wash over it. I am so allergic to adhesives, and because of all the other issues I had with the hospital stay this time around, I am leaving my incision open to air. It is...
  11. Birdie1

    TKR Terrible blisters post surgery

    Just noticed minute blistering in the deepest part of my incision where it is actually indented, of my right TKRS. There is also a larger blister sitting pretty below my kneecap. There are a couple other blisters scattered around the leg. Scared me to death, because this did not happen with my...
  12. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH---LEFT KNEE REPLACEMENT. As some of you may remember me, I had the right knee done in May. It is doing wonderfully. However, I am very concerned that the left knee has not decreased in swelling almost at all. I cannot put weight on the knee to move it. It is bruised...
  13. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    Hi All!! Back to my concerns again. Have been doing really well in therapy, and I've begun to actually feel I will be well again. When I go to the pool, I remain calm and just relax, without any effort to attempt to exercise. It is wonderful. My concern is, earlier today, I got on my knee for...
  14. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    I cannot tell each of you how grateful I am to hear from you!! And, how wonderful it is to have this forum in which to communicate thoughts, feelings, worries and such. I am married, with two 4-legged children, and a 77-year old mother living here with my husband and I. Neither my husband or my...
  15. Birdie1

    TKR Several Concerns

    I had a total knee replacement in my right leg on May 19, 2014. I have been going to PT since the second week after surgery. My surgeon had a good reputation (word of mouth), but, I had not gotten to know him personally as I had other surgeons who had seen me in the past. Now, after the fact...
Back
Top Bottom