Recent content by BioWheels

  1. BioWheels

    TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

    Thanks for all you input. I'm about 3 1/2 weeks post op (surgery May 30, 2013) and I was wondering a lot about ROM. Right now I'm @ 90 degrees / 5 degrees and wondered how I was doing compared to the "normal", which I now realize there is no such thing! I did use the CPM machine for the past...
  2. BioWheels

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Hey Campervan Thanks for all your questions/comments. I have found that same stiffness in my knee. I had TKR on my left knee on May 30, 2013. So I'm about 4 weeks post op now. I did use the CPM machine for about 3 weeks, and now I have found 2 things that have helped with my knee stiffness...
  3. BioWheels

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Hi Poppet Yes, please feel free to contact the person having the ankle issues; I'd be happy to let him/her know about my experience. And yes, I've started reading a lot of the information on this site. Thanks. Jeff
  4. BioWheels

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    I'm scheduled the anterior approach for hip replacement on Nov 19th in Ann Arbor, MI; wouldn't mind getting in earlier! At first I was diagnosed with IT band inflammation after a lot of bicycling during the month of July. Then, as the summer progressed, the pain kept getting worse and I wasn't...
  5. BioWheels

    Ann Arbor, MI Surgeons

    Yes, I did read your response. Thanks. I guess I was looking for other members that had seen orthopedics in the Ann Arbor area. Thanks for your reply. Jeff
  6. BioWheels

    Ann Arbor, MI Surgeons

    Hey Kelly So tell me a bit about your knee surgery experience. I think I've seen your thread elsewhere on this site as well. I see that you had them about 1 year apart; was there a reason for that? Jeff
  7. BioWheels

    Ann Arbor, MI Surgeons

    I am anticipating knee surgery in the next month or so. I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who may have had knee surgery in the Ann Arbor, MI area. I'd be interested in knowing who you had as a surgeon, and your perspective on your care. Jeff
  8. BioWheels

    Knee and Hip

    Hi All I'm wondering if anyone in this group has had both their hip and knee replaced at the same time - that is during the same surgery? I have degenerative arthritis in both my left hip and left knee and two surgeons have told me that I will need both replaced. I don't even know if this is...
  9. BioWheels

    Journey started

    Hi All I see that many of you have had both knees replaced at the same time. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a hip replaced and a knee replaced at the same time? It seems that I will need both, and I'm wondering if such a procedure would even be possible. Jeff Ride to live; live to ride...
  10. BioWheels

    New Member

    Hi All I'm a new member to this forum. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I'm a long distance cyclist and recently completed a week of riding where I rode over 300 miles. Since then I've had left knee and left hip pain, along with IT band pain. I've been to PT and 2 different orthopedics, and...
Back
Top Bottom