Recent content by billmo816

  1. billmo816

    2023 October Feisties’ - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    I am having my right hip replaced on October 25th, I can't wait.
  2. billmo816

    TKR Let the Recovery Begin....

    Hi Jaycey, NightQuilter, Michigan Mitten, Thank you all for the well wishes... I have a late surgery time tomorrow. 12:30pm which I hate, but we'll deal with it. I'm looking forward to reporting a good outcome and wishing you well wishes next week Michigan Mitten. Thank you all, and see you...
  3. billmo816

    TKR Let the Recovery Begin....

    Hi BoneSmart team... I feel guilty for not reporting on how well my right TKR has gone. I'm at 6 months and I can't tell you all how happy I am with my new knee. Everyday gets better... Head the BoneSmart teams advice. I'm having my left TKR on 12/4, I hope it goes as well as my right, I'll...
  4. billmo816

    TKR Surgery scheduled

    Hi @Mikesgirl, I had my right TKR done in May and it went well, the Bonesmart team is great, one suggestion I don't see often is ice compression machines. I have a GameReady and it is a lifesaver, there are new versions that only use water like "NICE". If I could give you one piece of advice...
  5. billmo816

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    @JennyLynne I'm glad to hear you are doing well...
  6. billmo816

    TKR Surgery on 11/30 Advice?

    I had right TKR in May and my recover went really well. I'd suggest getting a good ice compression machine. I have a Game Ready and it works well, I have a friend that rented a new machine call "NICE" same concept. BM
  7. billmo816

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    Hi Al, Good luck with your up coming TKR. I had my right TKR in May as an outpatient and it went well, I woke up ready to get home. Also, I had in home PT for the first 2 weeks after surgery and did PT on my own after that because my range of motion was back to normal after 2 weeks. I wish...
  8. billmo816

    TKR Allin1's left knee TKR

    @allin1, I hope you get to feeling better soon, R.I.C.E..... I hope your feeling better this time next week, I'll check back with you.... Have a good rest of the week. Bill
  9. billmo816

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    Hi @JennyLynne, Happy 3 weeks, glad to hear your doing well and the stay at home order have been lifted.
  10. billmo816

    TKR Allin1's left knee TKR

    Hi @allin1, I hope you're well... I think you and I had surgery the same day 5/20... I was on my feet and out of the house for the first time since surgery yesterday and had a bit of swelling and soreness when I got home. I immediately got on on the floor and did my exercises and iced 20...
  11. billmo816

    TKR Let the Recovery Begin....

    Days 7-12 were uneventful, I’ve been resting and my swelling has been under control. Yesterday was the most I’ve been up and on my feet, but I’m able to manage. I do the exercises my PT prescribed 2-3 times a day and ice as much as possible. PT measured Friday: 120 flex and I get to 0, so I...
  12. billmo816

    TKR Let the Recovery Begin....

    Hi all, Thanks for the words of wisdom and advice... @Pumpkln I took your words of wisdom and days 2-6 were uneventful, I had PT today for the second time and he said my knee looks great, ROM is great too. My PT guy is awesome, he knows I'm on a journey and doesn't push the knee at all, just...
  13. billmo816

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    Hi @JennyLynne I'm taking the same approach, it will be week one for me post op tomorrow and all if done is rest, ice and elevate. I did have on day 2 and today, and thing are going well. Be well...
Back
Top Bottom