Recent content by billingcl

  1. billingcl

    Advice / referral if possible

    Thank you for the comforting advice/support everyone. Well the Dr. office called me at 2:30 and asked if I could make it by 4:30pm (CST). I dashed out of work an hour early and drove like a madwoman for an 1.5 hrs before it dawned on me that I previously wasn't able to get an appt. with him at...
  2. billingcl

    Advice / referral if possible

    @referee54 . There may be. I've been searching reviews on Vitals & Healthgrades, checking of Dr.'s of interest are then accepted by my insurance companies website & have called 4 different Dr.'s offices this morning (both Orthop. & Primary Care) and have yet to find Drs that will accept CIGNA...
  3. billingcl

    Advice / referral if possible

    Thank you everyone. I'm waiting for a call back from my original surgeons office who told me they can't see me until 2/17th. I told her I'm going to have to go to the ER if they can't help me sooner. So the call has been escalated to his direct team. @pdx I don't have a regular Dr. at this...
  4. billingcl

    Advice / referral if possible

    Thank you @Pumpkln I'll start the search tomorrow and try to get into my Dr. in the meantime to see if he will be anymore attentive and try to identify the problem. The thought of a possible revision when I'm still recovering from the PKR is terrifying. Not to mention depressing since I have a...
  5. billingcl

    Advice / referral if possible

    :beg:Sorry for all the typos in post. Thought spell check was automatically on. Oh well Assume readers will get the gist of what I'm going through and advice Thanks.
  6. billingcl

    Advice / referral if possible

    Hi Everyone. It's been awhile since I've added a post and I'm not sure how to find my original post-op post to add onto. So I apologize in advance for starting anther thread. I'm in great need of advice & if possible, referral for a good surgeon in the Grant/Huntsville Alabama location. My...
  7. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    Hi @kneeper Thanks for checking in on me. I've been meaning to post an update. This week I'll be 6 wks post op and am hanging in there. All in all I am getting better every day. As of today, if I concentrate on my gate and walk slow, I can walk normal. And I can ride my recumbent bike for...
  8. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    Hi @SuperSnapper . Thank you for the well wishes. Yesterday was a long day. Attempted to go to PT and was denied therapy and requested I go to the Urgent Care due to the shortness of breath and my BP was higher than normal. I usually have very low BP. The Urgent Care Dr. looked at abscess...
  9. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    Good Morning/Afternoon everyone. Hope recovery is going well. The last few days have been ok. I've been taking antibiotics the last several days for a cyst that developed on my left calf a couple days after surgery. Never had one before. So I ice the surgery leg & put a hot pack on the...
  10. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    @RedRider Good Morning. As far as finding a comfortable/icing position. My method is pretty similar to other member's responses. I use a body pillow as my base pillow and then layer/tier 2 pillows on top of the body pillow a couple inches away from the bottom pillow (to make a gradual...
  11. billingcl

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    @RedRider . I hope the recovery is going better. It seems like your bouncing back wonderfully (even with a little set-back of getting over anxious). I've enjoyed reading your posting and looking forward to the recovery period update. From all I've read you certainly did your research in...
  12. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    I hope everyone had a great weekend. This is the 1st wknd in which I remember pretty much everything that happened each day vs. the last few weekends...lol. The painful muscle spasms have stopped. I assume as my knee regained some mobility that the knee jerk/spasm didn't induce pain any...
  13. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    @forever39 , @dovemck , @kneeper , @SuperSnapper Thank you everyone. I am tending to agree that the pain is a result of jerking awake suddenly (like when you are "falling" in a dream and jerk awake) and my leg let me know it couldn't stretch that far yet. Forces my let to go "way" beyond the...
  14. billingcl

    TKR Partial Replacement 10/21

    @Azeela Hi. I hope you are feeling better today with more good days to come. Have a good night. :fingersx:
  15. billingcl

    PKR Let the games begin!!! (therapy/recovery)

    @dovemck Thank you for the response about the Pain Management concerns. I appreciate you letting me know since I feel like I'm being a big baby when I've had many many surgeries before and never had some of these issues occur. I just moved to this specific area and am going to meet with a new...
Back
Top Bottom