Recent content by bigt

  1. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    @TML thanks for the tips! I had PT yesterday and I was able to ride the bike with full rotations! So I was excited to have my ROM measured and I'm at 110!!!!!! I could not believe it. I'm so relieved and happy. It amazes me how all of a sudden the "band" of tightness around my knee starts to...
  2. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    OK so I'm at roughly 5 1/2 weeks postop and I can finally say I reached over 90° range of motion I actually went to 92 on Thursday which was great I did take everyone's advice and cut way back on the exercising. I have been walking around the house and going for short walks outside. I have been...
  3. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    Okay so I'm at 4 weeks post op and I'm only at a 75 bend. I have diligently done my PT and I'm disappointed in the lack of results. I am so stiff and swollen all the time and it is very frustrating. I ice and elevate multiple times throughout the day and my knee is still being uncooperative ...
  4. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    Dr appt wasn't great.. My ROM was at maybe 70 Dr is already talking about putting me under to work on my ROM All my staples were removed which was great cause now a lot of the pulling is gone. I'll be busting my rump to make sure I won't have to have my knee manually manipulated. Sent from my...
  5. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    @kneeper I have been cat napping to keep my sanity! Knee is still in pain with stiffness. I see my doctor on Wednesday which puts me at two weeks since having surgery. Incision looks good I'm hoping my staples will come out. My ROM is still not great but continues to improve. Still a lot of...
  6. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    Recovery is going slow but my ROM is improving swelling is going down. Pain is always there, but it's only been 9 days. Still not sleeping but hopefully that will change soon. Thanks to everyone for the help keeping my sanity [emoji1] Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    Talking to you all helps me a tremendous amount! I was feeling low and thinking I'm not pushing myself, but hearing from all of you helps me take a step back and just go with ice rest and elevation! I really don't think my knee is ready for much more than rest,ice,and elevation. I know my quads...
  8. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    If I was not laughing right now I would be crying you all definitely keep my spirits up. I haven't totally stopped moving my knee because I know that would be very bad to do and I still do my heel slides when I can I do my ankle pumps I move my knees much as possible I just really can't do much...
  9. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    I had my first actual PT visit from the in-home physical therapist and oh my God I am in a lot of pain did not sleep. He gave me a bunch of exercises to do I'm not sure if I'll even be able to do them because of how much pain I'm in and of all the swelling. I feel like I'm taking a step back...
  10. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    First off @GoGranny I hope you are feeling well. @LFitz, @skigirl, @jmdearras thank you all for the great advice!!! I know I have a tendency to be impatient about everything that has to do with my recovery. But knowing that my thigh muscles not working it totally normal makes me feel a lot...
  11. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    Okay so here I am day 5 after surgery. I still do not sleep more than two hours at night but I know that will improve. Pain is expected also. My range of motion started normal but has gone down a lot. I have been doing my ankle pumps, heel slides, and quad flexes. I can not do any leg extension...
  12. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    Yeah so I'm in so much pain right now! Did not sleep at all! I will not be pushing myself hard today..I have learned a very painful lesson.
  13. bigt

    TKR Bigt's recovery thread

    okay so surgery went well. I think that I might've pushed myself a little too hard with physical therapy after surgery I was able to achieve 90° range of motion and walk roughly 20 feet but laying here trying to sleep the pain is horrible hopefully my knee will calm down so I can get some rest...
  14. bigt

    RTKR June 1st getting anxious!

    Very rough night...bout to leave to go to the hospital....I'm excited and very much anxious..ill see you all on the flip side! Thanks again for all the support. @Floridagal you are in my thoughts. We will see how I feel in a few hours
  15. bigt

    RTKR June 1st getting anxious!

    @Floridagal I am scheduled for 8am....ugh! I hope all goes well for you!
Back
Top Bottom