You've had a rough recovery @VancouverUSAgal . With one good knee, you know your surgery can be successful. Here's hoping rest, elevation, ice will be enough...or that your OS has the answer. :flwrysmile:
You are so right @sleenie .... we will continue to improve! I can tell even in the last week or two things are better. As you know, I didn't go to pt so it is interesting to compare (not that we should compare!!:heehee:) with those of you who did. The important thing is being able to do the...
@Jamie , my great failing over the last month or so has been not icing and elevating. It just seemed there was no time. :hairpulling:That being said, I know I haven't overdone it. I either have adhesions or just a slow release of the swelling. I'm hoping it is swelling that will gradually...
What @referee54 said is true: there are lots of ups and downs. As long as you remember on the bad days that good days will follow and become more and more frequent, you can handle those days where one knee or the other reminds you it is in charge!!:flabber: My BTKR was a little over 4 months...
Welcome to the BTKR club....getting more and more popular as people see how great it is to have one recovery!!! @ljrfrm best wishes as you make your way to a better life.:yes!::flwrysmile::happydance:
Just a hair over 4 months since my BTKR...haven't been able to access this site until today but it is time for an update.
My foster twins found an adoptive home so I am relieved of child care, though I miss them deeply. Even with still healing knees, I managed to do all I needed to do to take...
I just got caught up on your thread, @Perry . You are getting lots of good advice. I had my btkr about 5-6 weeks before you. My experience was that icing/elevating relieved the pain better than the narcotics without the side effects. It is a slower recovery than any of us would like. I must say...
For @gr82cu2 who wants her hubby to understand...it is a big problem to get those who haven't undergone this operation to understand the recovery. My elderly mother has been anxious that I'm not doing cartwheels (not that I ever could!) yet. I explained several times that healing can take a...
Good vibes coming your way for your trip to the recovery side! It is better on this side, even if recovery is never as quick as we want it, it will come.:curtsey:
Best wishes from another BTKR (3 months out!). Being on this side of surgery is much better than being in arthritic pain and fearing surgery. Your surgical pain will go away and life will get better!
In addition to the colace my doctor prescribed, I drank prune juice mixed with water and pomegranate juice and ate bran muffins I had made and frozen prior to surgery using Fiber One. I had very little problems with constipation!
I bought the elastic shoe laces when I got tired of asking...
I found the 3 in 1 commode invaluable, though I never used it as a commode because I could get to my toilet. I used it ON my toilet to both raises the seat and provide grab bars. I bought a shower chair but never used it. I was able to stand in the shower (@ two weeks after surgery) long enough...
I've not been to BS for awhile...primarily because of traveling (26 hours on Greyhound!- not fun!) and resuming foster care. I am being held captive by 5 month old twin girls:loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr:.
At three months and 4 days out of BTKR, I can get up and down from chairs with the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.