Recent content by Big Sky 1

  1. Big Sky 1

    THR Big Sky 1 .....pure joy.

    My OS trained at Mayo and has done this approach for the past 13 years, he's 62. As he shared with me, not everyone is a candidate for this approach but when they are the results are amazing, less trama and pain....recovery time. My first visit to a surgeon only performed posterior, so his...
  2. Big Sky 1

    THR Big Sky 1 .....pure joy.

    Just one more dose of Toradol tonight and then home, plan on using Extra Strength Tylenol at that time.
  3. Big Sky 1

    What do you learn in joint class?

    I agree with your post, I left after one hour of the two hour class......A PT gal taught it, she was about 40 and spoke to us like we were all deaf and dumb. I guess (i'm 60) she thinks older people can't think or hear.
  4. Big Sky 1

    THR Big Sky 1 .....pure joy.

    Thanks Cynthia, I'm also taking Toradol for inflammation, also is making it all feel much better. I found out the hard way that you should take the meds on time and as prescribed. Glad that you did so well, I'm only 45 hours post op right now....but I'm optimistic and feeling good. The pre op...
  5. Big Sky 1

    THR Big Sky 1 .....pure joy.

    I'm using the Toradol now, it is working well. They say day 3 you can feel the most pain and for me it started last night, level 4 but the meds helped. My coumadin levels are a little low, so they bumped that up, also my OS nurse told me to not eat salads and cheese since that negatively...
  6. Big Sky 1

    THR Big Sky 1 .....pure joy.

    What a great surgeon, I know Anterior approach isn't - doesn't work for all but....wow it's worked for me so far. I'll write more details in a couple days but so far........ Went into surgery about 1:00 p.m. two and a half hours later I'm in my room wide awake. Just light 50/50 weight bearing...
  7. Big Sky 1

    Conflicted in Montana......

    Pure Joy......I made it to the other side!
  8. Big Sky 1

    Conflicted in Montana......

    Thank you Chihuahuan, trying to cover all the details before surgery on Tuesday. I'm not nervous, just ready for to be on the other side.
  9. Big Sky 1

    Conflicted in Montana......

    What to wear? Any help on what to pack for the first week post op, considering where the incision will be......loose fitting boxers, commando, robes.....help!
  10. Big Sky 1

    getting closer

    Wish you the best Oriami, I'm scheduled for this coming Tuesday.....Anterior Rthr. Glad to hear your feeling well in your prep.
  11. Big Sky 1

    Conflicted in Montana......

    No more conflicted thoughts, what a relief! I've been on the pre-op side since March when I went into the Ortho Doc. and he came into the room with my x-ray and stated "your right hip is shot"! I've been on the journey to find the right OS, and I'm very happy with my choice. So, I'll be jumping...
  12. Big Sky 1

    THR 15 year old has first new hip

    Fantastic! I see your son is at Mayo, great reputation for outstanding medicine. Wish your son and family the best!
  13. Big Sky 1

    Having right hip done on June 20, 2016

    Hi Marie, I'm not far behind you...July 19th. This is a great site with warm hearted souls with similar experiences. Wish you the best!
  14. Big Sky 1

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    I am trying to laugh a lot and this made if for me today: "When You're Stuck Behind Slow Walkers" : https://ifunny.co/fun/L86rG5iS2
  15. Big Sky 1

    Heart and ongoing blood clot issues

    I've felt the same anxiety, but I've taken a time out from the internet and reading about all the "complications" that can take place. I'm focusing on being healthy and pain free again. That said, each one of us has to make the decision to wait or move ahead with this. Wish you the best Royal!
Back
Top Bottom