Recent content by Bfan

  1. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Haven't posted in a bit. Just one question. Is there anything I can do to increase my ROM at 8 months and beyond. After PT I have gone with the let it heal on its own with normal walking and climbing stairs but I can't seem to break through. I'm at 90 to 100... would love to get another 25...
  2. B

    TKR 8 months out

    I'm now 6 months out. I've been on the site long enough to know there are no definite answers concerning time line, but I'll ask anyway. After doing very well on a trip to Europe last month I seem to be having old issues returning suddenly. Stiffness, no improvement in ROM, pain if I bend past a...
  3. B

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    I'm 5 months out and just returned from Europe. I walked 6 to 8 miles a day. I still get a twinge going down stairs but I'm so grateful for what I can do. I really see that I'm getting my life back. You will get there. Have patience and don't be hard on yourself. YOU WILL GET THERE.
  4. B

    TKR 8 months out

    I want to thank BoneSmart for getting me through the early months of my recovery. There are caring people here with great knowledge who want to help. The recovery is challenging. No doubt about it. The diagram BoneSmart has of a squiggly line all over the place is probably the most accurate...
  5. B

    TKR 4 months out and still have an achy and stiff knee

    I'm now at 4 months and want to share where I am to see if others are experiencing the same thing. When people ask how I'm doing, the most truthful answer is, much better than where I started, not as far along as I hoped. It seems I'm in a period where one day I think, "Wow, my knee isn't very...
  6. B

    TKR 8 months out

    I'm now at 4 months and want to share where I am to see if others are experiencing the same thing. When people ask how I'm doing, the most truthful answer is, much better than where I started, not as far along as I hoped. It seems I'm in a period where one day I think, "Wow, my knee isn't very...
  7. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Almost 4 months post op. Walking fine. Able to ride bike. Still have pain but I've tried to make temporary "friends" with it. I do have a question. When judging ROM... (and I'm hoping more will come just by doing my own exercises and daily routines)... does passive ROM, gentle pushing with...
  8. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Post LTKR on Jan. 3. Doing better. Have a normal gait and can descend stairs most of the time. Just wonder is anyone else experienced groin pain from PT where they have you sit in chair and push knee back with other leg. I think I pulled a muscle weeks ago but not sure. Thank you. I've stopped PT.
  9. B

    TKR Right TKR, six months post op

    M... You are not alone in how you feel. This is a very tough surgery physically and mentally. Things will get better, it just takes more time than we all comprehended. Several things helped me. Meditation twice a day. It was useful in breaking the loop of negative thoughts... and I had plenty...
  10. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Going at the end of the week. Thanks.
  11. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Has anyone had a swollen lump on the lower front of the knee? It is a"squishy" clearly identified lump, and seems to be causing me most of my pain/swelling feeling when I walk or go down stairs. Thank you.
  12. B

    TKR 8 months out

    @WFD and @Night Owl ….so happy you both found quad stretching a positive. I will use it as another arrow in the quiver of recovery.
  13. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Everything has to be very gentle. And as the Bonesmart people say it's a marathon not a race. What seemed to be an answer (GENTLE quad stretching) proved not to be a miracle. I was so excited that it seemed to be an answer, I shared. It probably had more to do with the light massage which...
  14. B

    TKR 8 months out

    Think you are spot on.
  15. B

    TKR 8 months out

    I saw a sports medicine chiropractor who worked with several Olympic teams. He feels I can achieve more ROM by focusing more on stretching my quads than bending my knee. Squat position against a wall or in a chair getting the leg behind a little and leaning back. All of these should be gentle...
Back
Top Bottom