Recent content by bethsail

  1. B

    THR Thanksgiving Hip

    Happy Thanksgiving! After the #2020dumpsterfire, I’m getting a Holiday present of anew left hip. I’ve been through two successful knee replacements in 2018, but nothing hurts like this hip! Mine will be an anterior procedure. Any insight on post op is welcome, how it is different than the...
  2. B

    THR Pain, torn labrum, am I ready for a replacement?

    Look forward to hearing about it. This pain is wayyy worse than any I had with my knees. I hope I can get a surgery date this year.
  3. B

    THR Pain, torn labrum, am I ready for a replacement?

    Glad you got a chuckle! I’m only 57 and have a lot of living to do!
  4. B

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    While the two jet placements per joint may be true now, in 10,15,20 years that will undoubtedly change. With more and more younger people getting replacements and going back to active living (I’m one of them) I say go for it! The first one is scary, but the glee you will have when you stand...
  5. B

    THR Pain, torn labrum, am I ready for a replacement?

    About 45 days ago, I started having intense pain in my left hip. Had problems sleeping. Then started irritating me when walking. It’s nearly nonstop pain level 8-10 regardless what I do. Can’t sleep most of the time. Went to see the ortho practice— couldn’t see my joint doc but got an X-ray...
  6. B

    A revision

    Ps finally offmy pain meds. Saving the rest for PT! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. B

    A revision

    Sorry haven’t posted for a while. Two issues,,,, Got stitches out last Friday five days ago everything is healing well from that perspective. They are pleased with my range of motion so want me to put off PT for at least a few more weeks. So I will see the doc three weeks postop if it’s still...
  8. B

    A revision

    Thank you! I start PT 2 weeks post surgery—June 4th. I’ll keep you posted how it goes. I’m not rushing back to work tomorrow but going to take the rest of this week off. Am ready to start PT but doc wants all the repairs to heal. As they say I’m on vacation now the work starts June 4th...
  9. B

    A revision

    Update! Surgery went very well doc was able to reattach more than he thought so everyone is pleased. Pain management has been good have been able to shower and get dressed by myself prepare basic meals doing OK much better than I anticipated. Even been sleeping in my own bed since the first...
  10. B

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    I think there is a lot in the future with regenerative medicine, I had a friend who had PRP and she is amazed and happy. Me, not so good. I had two PRP treatments in both knees and it actually got worse, not better. Eight months later did the left knee, which had a previous acl surgery...
  11. B

    Rotator Cuff Repair — a revision

    Thank you! As I start practicing being one armed, I’m realizing how limiting the sling is going to be. I know the pain is equivalent to a knee replacement. I rehabbed without a sling before so this is going to be a different recovery. . I’ve realized I can’t tie shoes,prepare food. Use...
  12. B

    Rotator Cuff Repair — a revision

    Ten years ago I tore my rotator cuff while skiing. Had a large supraspinatis, supralabral and anterior larbral tear. Surgery and four months of rehab and I was good as new. Fast forward ten years and two knee replacements I’m the last 18 months which took a toll on my shoulder pushing me up and...
  13. B

    Having doubts! help!

    So I apologize I’ve been off the grid the last two months...but I did it and I’m so glad! The FINAL straw came down to my partner saying “ what is really bothering you about this?” I had to say that I wasn’t sure the right one was bad enough. I was asked asked to do a squat and as I tried...
  14. B

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Please add me to the November recovery group. RTKR 11/19/18. Following LTKR 1/10/18. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

    Having doubts! help!

    So I’m all in now. Getting ready for Monday.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom