Recent content by Bessie2

  1. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Hi @Hoppy Nanny, it does take a while to get stretched out, I am moving better today. We are having a very cold winter. It was 8 degrees this morning and we are expecting a huge snow storm on Thursday. Most days I see a an improvement. I cannot wait till spring arrives. How was your day...
  2. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Hi Chrissie, Thanks for the kind thoughts today was a good day. How was your day?
  3. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Thanks, Jo, I am doing better today and resting.
  4. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    This is my right knee and I had a right THR. Friday, I had a hard time walking after getting out of car from PT the Hip Incision area hurt. Saturday when I got home from dinner I had a hard time walking my right knee and about 4" - 5" above knee were tight. The right knee is being strengthened...
  5. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Thanks for sharing, I did not have a good gait pre op, I had bone rubbing on bone and limped. I believe that all contributed to my weak knee that lead to the tear in the meniscus. Enjoy your day. Hugs,
  6. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    I am in week 10 and had been getting some stiffness in my right calf of my THR leg over the last couple of days. I went out for dinner with friends last night for the first time and sat for about 4 hours. I could hardly walk when I got out of the car. This really scared me. The worst...
  7. Bessie2

    THR My trip down recovery lane...

    Good Luck, see you in Recovery!
  8. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Hi Michele, I was give the ok to drive after 4 weeks. I have not made any long trips in the car, working from home to avoid the commute that I have. I hope that you are permitted to drive at the Dr's visit this week. This is a healing process and there is not much we can do to speed it up. I...
  9. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    elliemom, thanks for your advice!
  10. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Thanks Josephine for your advise. I got a cortisone shot in the knee on Friday, which is helping. I will continue to mover forward and have a positive attitude. :SUNsmile:
  11. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Hello, I had stiffness, some soreness and burning. Swelling the first two weeks. No throbbing or stabbing. I took Tylenol several times a day when I got home and iced area as needed. I considered the above discomfort I do have a high pain tolerance. The meniscal tear has been painful. That...
  12. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    pain has been 1 after surgery. I did tear my meniscus around week 4 & had an MRI this week which confirmed that I had a tear. I have pain in my knee when I walk. I need the cane more for knee. This is my right knee, same leg that I had hip surgery. I took Tylenol after surgery - approx 2 -...
  13. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Jaycey, thanks this group has been very informative.
  14. Bessie2

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    Thanks so much. I am continuing with PT and just seem to find there is a new Niggle as you call it.
Back
Top Bottom