Recent content by BeesKnees!

  1. BeesKnees!

    2026 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Left knee Revision August 19th LTKR 2018
  2. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Celle I would like the 11 months out title to be my thread Thank you Celle and Jockette for your empathy. Doing two knees four months apart has been a long haul for me. And seeing as I have a standing job its difficult. I do sit on a chair from time to time. But being in pain for 16 months...
  3. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    I had my LTKR 10/29/18. My leg swelled quite a lot, much more than my RTKR 4 months previously. Ive got great extension and flexion. I bike, swim, do yoga yard work. But walking and standing , especially standing in one place is painful. When Im standing my knee is so tight feeling, as the...
  4. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    I’ve been thinking about that. Maybe taking a pillow and a frozen gel pack
  5. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Each hydrocodone pill I take has 325 mg of acetaminophen,(Tylenol) in them. I take 8 a day. That’s 2600mg a day. I could take some more. I’m also on 2 Celebrex a day. I’m having some dizziness with the hydrocodone but I don’t want to be in pain. There are Pain specialists in my suburban area...
  6. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Happy Thanksgiving to you schpooko. I hope you find dinner out to your liking. I have Celiac disease. I cannot eat The protein gluten found in wheat, barely,rye. So, going out for Thanksgiving isn’t for me. Even at my family’s house. I have to be careful. I can only eat certain things...
  7. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Hi IronGirl16, I’m 3 weeks out today and still taking the maximum dose of my Hydrocodone prescription. And I need it. For all my glute, IT band, calf pain. I’ve been taking a bath, with a waterproof bandage over my scar. I do my heel slides and leg lifts in the tub. Then a massage on my...
  8. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Well tomorrow makes 3 weeks since I’ve had my LTKR. This is going so much slower than my RTKR. The pain last time was in my knee, and I the numbness and neuropathy in my right foot after surgery. Which by the way 6 months later has not gotten better. This time the pain is in my calf...
  9. BeesKnees!

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Wow! Scruffydog, you sound like you are doing great. I can only hope to be walking in the woods at 4 weeks out. I’m struggling with my entire leg hurting. I’ve had very bad pain in my calf that feels like a constant Charlie horse when I put weight on my leg. It’s getting better slowly. I see...
  10. BeesKnees!

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Scuffydog, I have been having lower back, hip pain from sitting and laying around. I ordered a tube of Tiger Balm neck &shoulder rub pain relieving cream on Amazon. I carefully rub it into my hip and lower back giving myself a good massage. It’s really helped me with that deep back and hip...
  11. BeesKnees!

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Hi Scuffydog, I had my LTKR on Oct 29th too. Came home from the hospital on the 30th also. It Sunday November 11 now. I had my RTKR on June 11. I know I cannot compare knees and I was hoping the second knee would be better, because I have experience. But last time I hardly had any swelling at...
  12. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Sistersinhim, you said that right. My RTKR, my knee hurt. My LTKR my knee feels good and my calf and lower back hurt. Same doctor, same Stryker knee, 5 months apart.
  13. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Yes Josephine, I’ll answer your questions. My sister, (I ❤️Her). Just left, she’s the one whose husband had leg swelling problems. And told me my leg did not look as swollen or purple, like his. So that calmed some of my fear down. And before lunch today I took 2, 5 mg 325 hydrocodone...
  14. BeesKnees!

    TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

    Hello all. First of all Thank you everyone for sharing your stories of recovery. I don’t know what I would have done without this forum to read. This is my 2nd TKR, the first being in June 5 months ago. I’m 64 yrs old and I was hoping to delay my TKR till I retire in a couple of years but my...
Back
Top Bottom