Recent content by beesknee

  1. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    Fingers definitely crossed. Based on my luck with this knee I give it 50/50. July 2 I first have to do the test where they temporarily numb things and I see if I have pain relief. Since I am not in pain sitting or walking on level ground I am not sure how they will test. I guess I'll try...
  2. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    Thanks for the link. Those in the study is seem to all have full blown knee osteoarthritis so it is amazing it worked as well as it did. If you have MCL and other ligament issues this would not be for you. You don't want to numb damaged ligaments. I had the exact same concerns as you...
  3. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    I met with the the top UofM revision specialist today and brought all my records: MRIs, previous surgical reports, and scope photos. Given my current baseline, a major revision just doesn't make sense. I can handle 90% of my daily activities pain-free. I can walk around Costco all day and climb...
  4. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    I’ve read that PKRs are notoriously more 'finicky' than TKRs. While a total replacement offers stability for low-impact activities like golf, a partial relies heavily on the health of the remaining natural ligaments and compartments. If the patellofemoral tracking is off, the PKR can feel like a...
  5. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    I recently reached out to Dr. Carpenter for a second opinion, as his name is highly recommended in my area. Unfortunately, he doesn't perform revisions on surgeries he didn't originally do himself. Through some research, I found Dr. Carender at the University of Michigan. He is highly regarded...
  6. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    Yeah I see the pop-ups. Sad to see this site lose most of the regular person perspectives and mostly only hear from the Bonesmart staff. But I can get regular person perspective from other sources. I'll join when things start moving forward in a few months. BTW: I asked my Doctor about your...
  7. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    I agree but I know 3 people that have had TKRs over the last 6 months and all three shake their head at me and say II should have had a TKR. Talking to that guy that walked in with me 3 weeks after surgery with a slight limp makes me jealous. Looking back at my journey at 3 weeks I was still...
  8. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    2+ years since last post update. The scope made my knee about 50% better but never could get pain free. At the end of summer I will have this partial ripped out and have it revised to a TKR. I have seen too many people get full knee replacement and 4 months later they are wake boarding...
  9. beesknee

    PKR Medial PKR active 53 year old

    I wish my doctor advice me to do rehab to strengthen my knee before my PKR. I went in for surgery after a year of babying my bad knee and my leg was very weak to start. Then not being able to do much for 3 months after surgery my legs turned into noodles.
  10. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    End of year update. 2.5 years since PKR and 3 months since the same knee scoped to remove scar tissue and junk under my kneecap caused by the PKR. I can confidently say getting the knee scoped was the best decision I have made with this knee. While I am not playing tennis or running any more...
  11. beesknee

    PKR Clunky Knee

    Sounds like excellent news. Hopefully you and I get of the Bonesmart long timers list!
  12. beesknee

    Revision TKR 15 months post-op. Still in pain.

    It sounds like you are on your way to a rare long term success story. I have read many many threads here since I am 2+ years on without a full recovery. During this time, I have seen very few (if any) post from those that have had long term issues that suddenly or even gradually start getting...
  13. beesknee

    PKR Medial PKR active 53 year old

    Wow, Amazing. I guess recovery is the luck of the draw. You probably went in with a strong knee/leg which I think is very important. If I ever fully recover I don't think I would push it with long distance running. Just doing some biking, hiking, tennis, volleyball, and pickleball would...
  14. beesknee

    PKR Clunky Knee

    How did the scope go Friday? So far, so good for me.
  15. beesknee

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    Had my post op visit yesterday. Went over photos from inside my knee. Doc explained before and after photos. Other than cleaning out the junk and shaving the bottom of my kneecap, he said the biggest issue was "there was a prominent scar tissue just above the medial component of the...
Back
Top Bottom