Recent content by Becca

  1. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    "The reason why I said to avoid the leg press is because using it with weights is liable to exert too much torsion on your knees if you don't use the equipment absolutely perfectly. If you really want to use it, start with very light weights and increase the weights only slowly." @Celle Where...
  2. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @Celle I had to do leg presses during my PT! :flabber: Do you know of any reliable source of information about these exercises and TKR recipients?
  3. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    Hi everyone! Merry Christmas! :tree lights: I had my LTKR done in February and had a great recovery with no problems. Prior to my surgery, I really missed being able to walk. I am logging 5 miles every day and I have lost 45 pounds (thank you, Weight Watchers).:happydance: I really want to...
  4. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    I will agree with that, @sistersinhim!
  5. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @sistersinhim If there is anything have learned reading on this forum it is that the adjective "lucky" describes me in this recovery better than "inspirational." :giggle:
  6. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    Hi everyone! Looks like it has been about six weeks since my last check in. I hope y'all are doing well! School is out and my hubby and I just got back from a three week trip to Maine. We hiked quite a bit, walked a lot and were very active. I am happy to report I had no problems with my...
  7. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    Hi! Just a brief update. I am doing very well and am full of energy, absolutely no pain, no swelling. I did go back to my water aerobics class and had no problems...although I was careful not to overdo it. I am still working out, using the elliptical machine, stationary bike, treadmill and doing...
  8. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @KarriB @Jennszoo I can't wait either!! I just don't want to work out too hard in my water aerobics class (it's hard to tell in the water) and then pay the price the next few days. I am grimly reminded of the day several weeks ago when I walked around the park across the street from my house a...
  9. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @sistersinhim I think that is good advice and I am going to take it. It is so easy to overdo it in the water!
  10. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @Dragonfly7 Wow! You must be one tough cookie! Even icing and elevating, I couldn't imagine going back that soon. What part of Virginia are you in? Hubby and I drive through every year on our annual pilgrimage to Maine and Virginia is so beautiful! I feel great also! I am not really tired...
  11. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    Hi everyone, This is day two of the second week of my return to work and all is well. I am finishing out the work days with energy to spare, and even feel like cooking dinner. No pain, no swelling, everything is great. Hope all is well with everyone! :flwrysmile:
  12. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @KarriB Yes, that had something to do with it. Also, one other thing I have neglected to mention that is interfering with my sleep just a little (sorry photo is so big!):
  13. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    Back to work, day three Great day! Thankfully, I was not exhausted after school! :egypdance: I slept much better last night and I think that figured in to me having such a great day! Dare I say, I even went to Costco on the way home and did our shopping. Life is good!
  14. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    @sistersinhim Yes! I forgot about the energy drain! Makes perfect sense!
  15. Becca

    TKR Becca's New Knee

    Back to work, day two: Excellent day! I wasn't sore from yesterday and I didn't have errands to run in the school. A nice, normal day. :yes!: Now that I am home, I am realize I am exhausted. I am tired and my knee is tired. I will be glad when I build up my stamina again. :yawn: Looking...
Back
Top Bottom