Recent content by Beachmomdk

  1. Beachmomdk

    TKR Stress

    Wow I got fibromyalgia from having the surgery. I would get another opinion that doesn't sound right at all... Are you any better?
  2. Beachmomdk

    TKR Stress

    Wow Kelsey I had mine 1 day after you and I am biking, walking, doing the eliptical for an hour and that is almost everyday all three of them with no pain at all. It does hurt if I bend it more than it wants and some pain now and then usually when I tweak it somehow. I ended up getting...
  3. Beachmomdk

    TKR Year update

    Hi, I am sorry you ache all over. The tramodol,doesn't help? It helps me some doesn't take it completely away but enough. I have been drinking smart water every day. I also take magnesium and some liquid vitamins I got from Ema's herbs they are near my house,but have a web site you,can order...
  4. Beachmomdk

    TKR Year update

    Hi Susanne, I take iron for restless legs my doctor said to have an above normal iron and that will help which it does. I take two tramodol before I get up. Then I go to the gym for 2 hours,and come home take 2 more,and usually go on a bike ride at the beach I find if I keep moving and...
  5. Beachmomdk

    TKR Year update

    Nice to meet you too? How are you feeling? Why did you have your knee replaced so young?
  6. Beachmomdk

    TKR Year update

    You are very welcome. I was on pain meds around the clock till about 3 months and then I still took a long acting one in the am and pm and took the short acting ones starting around 4pm unless I had PT. Then I took the short acting ones before PT. If you are in pain it just makes the healing...
  7. Beachmomdk

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    Hi Laura Have you tried taking Celebrex or similar drug to reduce inflammation? That might help some. I am sorry you are still having pain. Cathy
  8. Beachmomdk

    TKR Year update

    You're welcome! At 6 weeks I think I was still using a cane and riding the bike slowly at the gym. I know by 4 months I was doing the eliptical for 45 minutes on a very low setting and riding my bike slowly! But still needed pain meds afterwards and ice! At 5 months I went to the zoo with my...
  9. Beachmomdk

    TKR Year update

    Hi want to give a year update. I had my TKR on Feb 12 2013. The first 6 months were hard but after,6 months I stopped needing any pain med and felt great. I still have ups and downs when I,went back for my year check up I had done something to my knee it was sore and warm. My doctor said I...
  10. Beachmomdk

    TKR Recovering from TKR

    Good luck on the house! Where is it at? If you could wait another year with your knee that would be great! Synvisc worked for me doe 5 years! Cathy
  11. Beachmomdk

    Good Replacement Stories

    Hi Tweet , I am 7 months PO and very glad I had it done! It is a very very long recovery but I was back at the gym and riding my bike at 3 months. Not as hard and as well before surgery but doing it. Still working on the bend and keeping it straight but the pain for the most part is gone. I...
  12. Beachmomdk

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    To everyone having shin pain please keep an eye on it. Read Brownie51 thread what a nightmare on her 2nd knee replacement!
  13. Beachmomdk

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Just an update I am sure Brownie will be on here to update but she went to the doctor yesterday and she has broken her tibia all the way through and is now sporting a very cool cast. She sure has had a rough time!
  14. Beachmomdk

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Is the shin pain where your incision was? Just make sure it doesn't get red or have drainage! If it does call your doctor ASAP.
Back
Top Bottom