Recent content by beach58

  1. beach58

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    This is my before and after....first was taken at the hospital Nov 20 2015 and the second 6 months later!!!
  2. beach58

    Bilateral TKR Sky54 Recovery thread

    It is a really long journey but worth it in the end. I'm just over months months post op on my bilateral. I had a MUA in April and that made a huge difference for my as I was frozen at about 105 ROM. I'm now over 130 on both knees now and can do almost everything I want Still have some muscle...
  3. beach58

    Bilateral TKR 3days post op and everything is going pretty well!

    I will be 3 weeks post op on Thursday and I had my first out patient PT today......she did some serious deep muscle massage and stretched the joint to the point of ache but NOT PAIN.....I got to 95 degrees on both knees which I'm really happy with at this point. I did several exercises which...
  4. beach58

    Bilateral TKR 3days post op and everything is going pretty well!

    I'm HOME and could not be happier.....I had planned on sleeping on the couch downstairs but that is a NO GO due to the height and lack of arms to help me get up.....so doing the stairs to the bedroom before planned but it was fine....I will still spend the day downstairs and only sleep up but...
  5. beach58

    Bilateral TKR 3days post op and everything is going pretty well!

    I'm 7 days post op and things continue to progress.......I have the best friend in the world who has been there ever step of the way. I'm staying ahead of the pain taking 2 Oxy every 4 to 5 hours and with that I have not gone over a 3 on the pain scale! Today I took a couple of laps around the...
  6. beach58

    Bilateral TKR 3days post op and everything is going pretty well!

    So I'm still in the hospital 3days post op from my November 19th surgery..... And I'm very happy at this point in my recovery!! I did not wake up in CPM which was only the first of pleasant surprises....my doctors thinks I will be fine without them.... I had my first PT Thursday afternoon where...
  7. beach58

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    This is two days post op!!! No staples or stitches, no CPM machine !!!
  8. beach58

    It is Nov so that means I'm almost there!

    I'm counting down.....I have my pcp pre-op 1 week from tomorrow ...... OS pre-op and PT measurements on Nov 11!! My OS changed groups 2 weeks ago but everything seems to be working out after many phone calls and having to go to the old group to get my records!!! Getting excited even though I'm a...
  9. beach58

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    HI Valiant Val....I'm having BTKR in Nov 19th so I'm really looking to seeing how your recovery goes!!!! Best of luck tomorrow!!!!!
  10. beach58

    Had my MRI today.....I'm on my way!!!

    back at you !!!!
  11. beach58

    Had my MRI today.....I'm on my way!!!

    I had my MRI on both knees today....staying so still for almost an hour was NO FUN but it is the first real step to the surgery on Nov 19th. Next on the list is GP pre-op exam on Nov 9 and then on Veteran's day (I'm off work) I have pre-op with OS, early check in to the hospital and then PT for...
  12. beach58

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I'm still listed on the wrong date....I guess it does not really matter but I'm having BTKR on 19 Nov 2015 ( the 9th)
  13. beach58

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Can you please change my date it is the 19th not the 9th...sorry!!
  14. beach58

    Overweight

    I lost about 125 pounds 2 years ago and have kept it off.....it was my surgeon telling me that I would not be walking in 5 years if I didn't lose weight that finally got me motivated...that and I lost my mom a year prior and she was overweight and pretty much in the wheelchair even with her...
  15. beach58

    having BTKR Nov 19th

    I love this site and thanks for the help so far!!! I will have many people helping me and my town offers dail a ride for free so they will take me to PT when I'm ready to go......I will have in home care/PT for awhile first and probably both for a week or so.....the home care will go to hotel if...
Back
Top Bottom