Recent content by BBCG

  1. BBCG

    Why was prophylaxis deemed necessary for 2 years after joint replacement

    Just wanted to post a recent communique I received from the surgery center where I had my 2 knee replacements done. The teams there (they do many different types of replacement surgeries) met to standardize the "community approach to antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedures" following...
  2. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Happy first year, new knee, and Hawk2go! Feels great to be this far past the day, doesn’t it! Congratulations!
  3. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Happy 9 months, @hawk2go! Congratulations! I'm past 1 year now and need to make time to go in to update my page, too. I'm glad it rarely bothers you...unless you do more than it's used to, of course...and that's been true for me from about that point on, as well. I'm now back doing our store...
  4. BBCG

    TKR TKR Progress

    Hi @Odieodell, I also was threatened with a MUA, too, which I declined at 3 months because my ROM wasn't to the level my surgeon wanted, and indeed, when I backed off on my activity level and was "lazier"(!), my ROM did slowly improve. By my 6 month visit I had excellent ROM of about 120, so no...
  5. BBCG

    TKR Sleep issues

    Hi again @elbracey, I'm back to doing almost everything I could do before...well, before my knee got really bad. I never played golf, so I can't comment on that, but I'm back hiking, walking my dog -- fast, as he's a fast little fella, and haven't yet ridden my Elliptigo, but will start up...
  6. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Ah, Hawkie you sound like you are the BEST grandma!! Wish you had been mine!! So glad your trip was so much better than wondered! Will your grand nuggets come spend a week or so with you this summer? My great aunt was a similar figure in my life and it’s her fault I’m a bird nerd!! She lived...
  7. BBCG

    TKR Right TKR - post surgery knee flexion

    @SheShe, I hope by now you have come back here to read the supportive feedback you got! I also had a similar experience after my first TKR, until I found Bonesmart and began to understand that I was allowing the PTs to make my knee worse, not better. Please know we send our support and hope to...
  8. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Oh, @hawk2go I LOVE your book idea! My granddaughter also will turn 11 in June, too. She’s not a “thinker” kind of kiddo, she’s more boy-like: high speed, competitive gymnast, going on 18, etc! I’m planning on starting a savings account with her to help her learn some skills on that front, since...
  9. BBCG

    TKR Desk work after surgery

    Hi and welcome @NancyAnn! I suspect that as many responses as you'll get might all be different! I've had two TKRs and they were VERY different in terms of healing time, pain, brain fog, "Energy Drain" and mental acuity. Knee #1 was done in 2019 and I reacted badly to the pain meds, as they did...
  10. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Thanks, all... Yes, the ankle has a boot to hold it steady and that really slows me down! I'm hoping @hawk2go's knee is much better by now, too!
  11. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Hey, @hawk2go, I hope your knee is much better! Just so you know we are in full support, I went and broke my ankle! Wrote a fun fan letter, though, to the Duluth pants folks, because my pants pocket didn't rip, my ligaments didn't rip, only my ankle let go! Tore the drawer pull off the drawer I...
  12. BBCG

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    Gosh, @LINYKnee.... until now, I had not heard of ankylosis, only of ankylosing spondylitis, which is a whole different disease process. I hope you get good news, of possible full recovery, if this is indeed what is happening to your knee... Like others of us cheering you on, I hope to hear you...
  13. BBCG

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    Oh, drat, @LINYKnee, I'm so sorry! AS others have mentioned, I'm glad you have changed surgeons, and hope this one has no connection with the first... I hope the most dire thoughts are not the case for you and that with the proper kind of care, you can get through this! Sending lots of good...
  14. BBCG

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Oh, no, @hawk2go!! But, if you didn't know it, you're a poet! I sure hope you recover fast! I really dislike that kind of hard, marble stairway, too... just so potentially hazardous... But, seriously, you are a GOOD poet!!
  15. BBCG

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    I worked alot on my gait imbalance, after my 2nd TKR 9 months ago, as I had a definite imbalance due to so many years waiting for it to be able to be scheduled! Something I found that helped me regain a more even walking gait was my iPhone, surprisingly! There is a "health" app built in and in...
Back
Top Bottom