Recent content by Bax3

  1. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @1121@Turkey Thanks a bunch for your response but I posted this several months back. I'm very happy to say that both were done successfully (September and October) and you're absolutely right, they both had a very different view of what their recovery was going to look like! I sure hope you're...
  2. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    Well, I returned to work this past Monday from a LTKR on 9/19/22 and a RTKR on 10/31/22. Before returning to work, when I wasn't walking around my house, I was elevating, all day and night, 24/7. Now that I've returned to work which is mostly a desk job but there's lots of walking in my day as...
  3. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Layla Thanks a bunch! I've been concentrating on the heel toe for about a week now. It's super easy with a grocery cart and a bit more challenging without anything but it's been my mantra here lately. I appreciate the diagram too!
  4. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Layla Both me and my new knees thank you!! I'm back to work this coming Monday with no restrictions. I'm kinda nervous, but I plan on taking it easy and icing when I can. I'm just trying to shake the cane now, regaining my gait and balance has been a bit wobbly but I'll get there. Thank you SO...
  5. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Layla HUGE thanks to you! I hope your Christmas was amazing! Wishing you, and everyone here, the healthiest and happiest of New Year's! ✨
  6. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Jockette Your poor shoulder, that sounds like a nightmare and I can certainly see how that can happen! There's one PT where I go that I jokingly call The Torturer, he's DEFINITELY about getting the job done. I've only had him a couple of times and he's more aggressive than my other two PT's...
  7. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @sistersinhim Awww, at least you know how amazing your remaining knee will feel if it has to go through a replacement now! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and story, it's really been helpful seeing everyone's input.
  8. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Jockette Wow those numbers, without PT, are awesome! Forgive me for asking, but could her case have been the exception rather than the rule? I know some people just do better than others without even trying. Are those typical numbers for members that have skipped formal PT? I've read many...
  9. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @sistersinhim Oh my goodness, 12 knee surgeries!! I'm so sorry that you went through SO many and I sure hope your knees aren't in need of any more! Well after 12, and you're doing great, that's amazing to hear and really reassuring to know. You're all helping me to feel better about my decision...
  10. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Jockette Thank you so much for your response! I'm soooo used to hearing that formal PT is the only way to get complete ROM, so it's hard to change that mindset. Then of course, the whole "window of recovery" tends to freak a person out as well, thinking I have one chance here and if I screw...
  11. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @sistersinhim Thank you, your confirmation helps to ease my mind about that decision. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
  12. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @Layla Thank you! This holiday is certainly quite different to the ones that came before it! By this time next year, I'm sure I'll be decorating and running around in the hustle and bustle, completely forgetting about my new knees. It's hard to see that now but I know it'll come. I'm almost two...
  13. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    Thank you so much @JusticeRider, I just woke up to see your post and I think I'm on the other side of the hill with my headache now. Both sound like good ideas that I may need to try if it returns. Thanks so much!
  14. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    Well, I thought after having my LTKR done 6 weeks ago, I'd be better prepared for my RTKR this past Monday and that's kind of what happened but with a little different outcome. They did a spinal with the first surgery and everything was perfect. For some reason they weren't able to do the spinal...
  15. Bax3

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    @benne68 I am so appreciative of your well wishes, and am sending a VERY grateful thank you. I'll be back soon for an update!
Back
Top Bottom