Recent content by BARBRI

  1. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Thanks for your feedback. You may well be right,however my OS did not express any concerns with what I have been doing activity wise. Said to stay the course and not to change what I am doing. Confusing?
  2. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    It has been a long time since I have communicated on bonesmart so I thought I would give you a bit of an update. It has been almost 11 months since my RTKR. I still have some pain and stiffness and minor swelling. Not bad enough to warrant pain meds and not kept awake at night. All good. I have...
  3. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Yes it is nice to be playing ball. The issue for me is that just prior to the TKR I could run the bases myself.
  4. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Thank you all for your words of encouragement.
  5. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    I neglected to say that I am back playing softball again. I am happy for that. Oddly while I am playing with a brace I might add,the pain in my knee seems to subside. Maybe it is because the adrenaline is flowing. My knee does not bother me when I bat,field or throw. I am not running very hard...
  6. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Thank you. I guess that is encouraging news.
  7. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Only some additional pain for 2-3 after MUA. Was back at PT right after. My ROM was only 90-95 prior to the MUA. I noticed an immediate improvement and yes I am glad that I had it done. I am not sure that I am even feeling pretty good after almost 7 months.
  8. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    You got that right! I expected to be ship shape in 3-4 months.
  9. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    My range of motion is okay,120 plus degrees.Had the MUA because of a build up of adhesions limiting my ROM. It corrected the problem,but may have prolonged my recovery.
  10. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    You describe what I am experiencing pretty well flyaway79. My TKR was on October 19,2016 and MUA on January,19,2017. I thought that these sensations of pain and tightness would have passed by now.
  11. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    More of an achy pain. Like having the knee in a vice. The whole knee is sore,but the pain is often centered on the outside of my knee and is sometimes accompanied with a numb feeling.
  12. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    I saw my surgeon on March 20 about the ongoing pain level. He took an x-ray that showed that things were lined up okay. I have a call into him again.I wonder if it could be a nerve issue.
  13. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    I can certainly appreciate how you feel Lilli215,but my TKR was over 3 months prior to yours [October 19,2016] and I am still in significant and constant pain. I expected to be all most pain free long ago. If I had known I would not have had the surgery.
  14. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Well I am coming up on 7 months since my TKR and I am sad to say that my pain level has not subsided. It is still greater than pre-TKR and still keeps me awake at night sometimes. I take a couple of tylenol and a couple of obuprofen at night,but it is not seem to help much if at all. This does...
  15. B

    MUA 10 weeks after TKRS and not yet happy

    Well tomorrow will be my 6 month anniversary since my TKR and 3 months from the MUA and I am still not happy that I had it done. Although it is getting somewhat better I still have ongoing pain and stiffness even though I have backed off my exercising. I saw a new PT today. She thinks much of my...
Back
Top Bottom